Years- Chapter 1: My turn

Years- Chapter 1: My turn

A Chapter by Crimson
"

I promise it's not depressing!

"

There's this disease, it's going around like wildfire and no one knows how to stop it. We think it's biologically created and that it was somehow coded to attack only our doctors and scientists.

With them out of the way, we don't have a high chance of surviving much longer. Even things like cancer, that were eradicated from our planet thirty years ago, have come back.

 

---------------------------------------

The hospital bed is an uncomfortable as ever, the open winter breeze is drifting through the window- biting at my face, even though I always hated summer it saddened me that I might never feel warm summer air on my face again. I've always told myself that I would be ready for the end, when it came but in all honesty, I'm terrified. It's the first challenge I've ever been scared to accept.

What happens? Is it just darkness, do I simply not exist anymore, is it similar to the sensation of when you fall asleep but do not dream, will I be forever sleeping? I knew I wouldn't have to wait long to find out.

From down the corridor I could hear my dear little Susie running down the corridor, she was only seven, she didn't deserve to see this but alas she insisted. She was the only child of my daughter Willow and I loved her with all my heart.

'NANNY!', she screamed as she pounded through the door and into my arms, ' I MISSED YOU SO MUCH BUT MUMMY WOULDN'T LET ME COME AND SEE YOU EARLIER', for Willows sake I gave her a quick, yet reassuring nod. It was hard enough for her to visit alone, let alone having to explain my condition to Susie as well. I slowly replied as I sat up trying to mask the pain from my voice, ' Well you did only visit two days ago! Hey honey,' I said when Willow came over to my side. I pulled Susie up onto the bottom of the hospital bed and we sat there for what must have been hours. I could only do that with Susie, we would talk and talk, she would do most of the talking and I would do most of the story telling.

I would tell her stories of my trips all around the globe, of all my different jobs I've had sometimes I'd talk to her about her mother as a child, they were always her favourites. After I'd just about finished all the stories I could pull from my memory today the breeze from the window picked up. Suddenly, I was more aware of it than I had been before, sounds started dimming, my vision blurred and then there was nothing. After half a second there was an ear-splitting scream, Susie but all I could hear, see or feel was darkness.



© 2017 Crimson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a neat concept i would love to see it fully fleshed out if you need any ideas feel free to message me i may not be able to help but is always good to get a second opinion and i will try my best to help you with what i can if you want (:

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crimson

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing :),
I might just take you up on that offer of some help as I do get s.. read more
TheAimlessWanderer

6 Years Ago

sure no problem shoot me a message i will add you i look forward to seeing this unique concept of yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on June 26, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017


Author

Crimson
Crimson

United Kingdom



About
Hi! So. You have either come from my real life because I have told you to or you have stumbled on my page through the website. Either way, you should totally read some of my experiments! As you ca.. more..

Writing
Years- Blurb Years- Blurb

A Chapter by Crimson