Tired

Tired

A Poem by OctoberDawn

God grant me clarity, because that's all I've really been asking for.

Like a wish list of ambiguity, I can't blink and my eyes are sore.

All I want is more, this cupidity leaves me hollow but truth is all that I'm hungry for.

Do you know the sound a good man makes when he's done and can't take this any more?

Sometimes it's silence, quiet moments when I can't be with myself because when I close my eyes I see the lies laid out on the inside of my eyelids.

Like tattoos that grow bolder lines over time when truth is merely an island surrounded by sins you elide because you couldn't care less if I'm broken just so long as in the moment you feel fine.

Well I'm tired of feeling broken, and yes my heart is always open, but I'm no longer hoping for a storybook ending, just an ending to the pounding in my head and I'm tired of my heart always defending itself from the thoughts in my brain and true pain is numbing your senses so you don't have the sense to explain to yourself why you're still stuck in this cycle, I'm used, bruised, confused, in love, and maybe the latter isn't supposed to always make you feel psycho.

Is this how it's supposed to be because I have to say that feel lied to, and I'm blind myself so I can't be the fool who stumbles while he tries to guide you.

I've always been true, I'd never hurt you, reciprocating comes from actions not words, but then again that's something I thought we all knew.

© 2017 OctoberDawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on June 24, 2016
Last Updated on June 14, 2017

Author

OctoberDawn
OctoberDawn

CO



About
My name is Criss Hill, I'm 20 and I'm from Colorado. I don't so much consciously write poetry as my heart takes control of my pen and urges me to capture a pale fragment of the beauty and heartbreak o.. more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by OctoberDawn


Good Man Good Man

A Poem by OctoberDawn