The Three: Butterflies

The Three: Butterflies

A Story by Scott W. Martin
"

Part 4 in the saga.

"

One day the three men, Wisdom, Instinct, and Intelligence, were walking in a forest. They came across a tree filled with hundreds of butterfly’s chaotically beating their wings and flying in all the directions they were able. Each man held out a hand hoping to catch one of these majestic creatures for closer inspection.

 

As one landed in Wisdom’s hand he smiled, allowing its beauty to warm his heart and soul before it spread its wings and took flight. As one landed in Intellegence’s hand he noticed the spots on its wings and proclaimed the species and variety with educated accuracy before it took flight. As one landed in Instinct’s hands, he starred in wonder as it gently lifted and dropped its wings. Noticing that its goal had changed to flight he closed his hand with quickness and strength refusing to let go of this amazing creature. When it opened again the butterfly, that which he admired so much he could not see go, laid squashed and dying in his hand never to be the wonder it once was. The Three stayed for a time, in respectful silence of what had occurred before continuing their journey, returning to their path again.

© 2012 Scott W. Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read "The Three: Execution", and after reading this one I am anxious to see the others in the saga; when I get time I will find them.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: Poetry, wisdom, instinct, intelligence, three, fable, butterfies, fiction, short story

Author

Scott W. Martin
Scott W. Martin

Charlotte, NC



About
Introduction Most of the time I get to writing my biography and I think "Who cares?" In a moment of self realization Ive begun to understand what gives me this impression. I used to feel th.. more..

Writing