Monsters

Monsters

A Story by Shiningwolf

I will never be able to look into a mirror. I see myself as a monster. I am a monstrous creature capable of mass destruction. Everywhere I turn all I see is bloodshed.   I see children crying over their dead parents. It takes me down to a point to where I want to cry too.  People call me crazy. Some call me insane. However, I know what I see. They just don’t want to believe it. I believe.

            Trying to run from them becomes harder every waking day. They chase after me with their torture devices. Those white restricting coats that constrict my very being. Those poor blind fools. They can’t see the truth right before their eyes. It’s pathetic.

            Hiding has become difficult also. For these monsters are everywhere. I am one too. We are all creatures of destruction. Hurting one another, driving pain stakes deep within hearts everywhere. We are caught between heaven and hell. This place seems like hell to me.

            I can’t sleep anymore. My eyes burn with the fire to kill. I thirst for blood to keep me cool. The blood as in being despair. Despair is the form of blood for creatures like us. Why can’t they see they are just like me? We are all the same. We come from the same heritage. I have two arms and legs. I have a heart that beats and a brain. So do them. We are the same. So why don’t they send them all to the place where creatures can be mocked.

            I can’t run anymore. My legs have failed me. They catch me and put that device on me. Now I am being shipped off. No words are said for I only cry. I cry because these people will never understand what we are. Eliminate the person that knows the truth. Shield the others for now but one day they too will find out what I know. It is only a matter of time. You may silence me for now but look at what you are doing. Killing your own just as I did.

            In hindsight we are all monsters. Look at all the evidence around you. Pay attention to your surroundings. Fights, name slinging, murders, rapists, mockers, gossipers, thieves, and much, much more are all around you. Maybe one day we could be capable of change. Change however, can only be made for people that have the will power and want to change. Sadly this day is not today. It will come soon. Today is my time of peace. Good luck to you all!

(A shot is fired with a loud bang)

Death is my salvation HAHAHAHA! GOOD LUCK YOU MONSTERS!!!!

 (Two days later a truck pulls up at a psychiatric ward with one less person on board)

As if he vanished……….

© 2011 Shiningwolf


Author's Note

Shiningwolf
Alright, I really didn't know what to call this writing..its not a blog entry...nor would I call it a short story...so im stumped. But no this character is not me. This story is meant as an exercise for your brains think what could have happened to this person to make this storyish type thing unfold. Well I hope you all enjoy! And I know this is not perfect I wanted to write something different. have fun everyone! Review and never stop writing! Love you all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I feel your story as it seems a short story to me - or perhaps a journal entry from the monster in this story- a person who has become what much of todays world produces, a monster. A killer... killing for pleasure to assuage the blood lust.
Could be the 'monster' was abused as a child ... who knows, many monsters come from ordinary homes with good parents.
The world seems to be growing more and more a monster each day-
Enjoyed this.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was really good, and kinda haunting good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the message you have told in this story. It was a great story, in my opinion. Keep up the good work :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel your story as it seems a short story to me - or perhaps a journal entry from the monster in this story- a person who has become what much of todays world produces, a monster. A killer... killing for pleasure to assuage the blood lust.
Could be the 'monster' was abused as a child ... who knows, many monsters come from ordinary homes with good parents.
The world seems to be growing more and more a monster each day-
Enjoyed this.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No matter what it is call, it is written with truth and meaning! Loved the ending as well!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought of vampires! This was very interresting. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well written maybe a prolong to something more or just something...and ineresting write I must say but like you said the reader can come up with their conclusion onhow the person vanished.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The end was a quite a twist. Fourth paragraph fourth line in: So do they. Instead of, So do them. We are all good and evil. The question is how good is your good and how evil is your evil.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would call it flash fiction or a short short, but regardless, it is very well written. I can definitely relate as I have often looked in the mirror only to see the monster side of me.. not a pleasant sight to be sure. Excellent write, Shiningwolf.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've felt like this before, a monster. I couldn't look at myself...and I felt that this had spelled out my feelings for me. A monster reading this story...it's kind of ironic, I see how I was back then. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very interesting, I love it! I know you made the ending short to provoke thought on purpose, but I think it would awesome if you kind of expanded the last section. Good write!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011

Author

Shiningwolf
Shiningwolf

Mustang, OK



About
My name is Crystal. I am 23 years old. I am who I am. I am just a girl trying to traverse through the challenges of this life. I write to express myself and to create art that has meaning. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..