The Girl on the Beach

The Girl on the Beach

A Story by Crystal Frampton

Have you ever wondered where the perfect place to die is? I mean, I have. Life's full of adventures, heartbreaks, true love and so much more. Nowadays, people don't really think about the big ending, death. For me it's hard not to! When your terminally ill, life is a puzzle, but some of the pieces are missing or don't fit.

I've dreamt of places I want to travel for my sixteenth, I want to make it reality. Wouldn't it be amazing to travel to a place where the rippled waves ride up your bare skin on the beach? All your senses alive. Breathing in the fresh salty air. Having the beaming sunlight gently kissing your pale skin. Being able to run your hands over the sculpted caves. To feel as if your living not surviving.

I spend days in hospital. Sometimes weeks. Medication. Tests. Observations. Appointments. This isn't living, it's surviving. I don't want to survive each day. I want to live each day. I don't know how long I have left. A day, a month or a year. I want to cherish them all.

So persuading your parents and the doctors that your well enough to travel to the destination you thought about in your dreams isn't too easy, but somehow I've managed. It comes as a shock to me! The doctors say I'm doing well and my body is responding well to the medication, I know my body better than anyone and something tells me the end is near.

I no longer have golden brown skin, brown dreamy glistening eyes. I no longer have my soft brown hair with tight ringlets. No! I have pale skin drained of colour, eyes which are tired of looking at the same four walls and hair, well, I don't own any...

So I've reached my final destination. The beach is a true beauty itself.  The vibrant sun shone bright upon the tranquil sea water, sculpted caves bordered the walkway of the beach, and the golden crusts of sand glowed as the sun gently kissed them. The view is absolutely picturesque! The clouds smudge across the soft blue sky, I truly feel like I'm living.

Not many people think about the end and being ready. I am. I'm buzzing; at this moment in time is the moment I've been waiting to live for. I'm alive, truly alive! I get to leave this world behind and maybe, just maybe when I leave I'll travel to places like this and stay. Forever!

Do you think this happens? Are we happy in afterlife? Is there afterlife? I've realised life is full of unanswered questions and mysteries. If I was to live again I'd love to answer them.

Darkness fills outside the small hut I'm staying in. Beautiful fireflies' fly through the sky like a reflection of stars which are captured in a jar. The scenery still seems to capture my attention. I know the end is to come. I embrace the coldness which runs down my spine. I breathe in the salty air. I lay on the bed, gazing up, I embrace everything one last time. I close my eyes. And I am at peace. I don't know whether I'm going to travel to the places I've dreamt of, but that's the end of my story, this is goodbye... 

© 2016 Crystal Frampton


Author's Note

Crystal Frampton
This is a story I wrote in a creative writing class at school. We had an image we had to create a story about in 45 minutes. It has now been entered into a young writers short story competition by my teacher. Overall, what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The fact that you wrote this in 45 minutes is amazing. I don't know how young you are but, if you keep about your writing diligently, you have a very bright writing future ahead of you. Great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crystal Frampton

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm a 14 year old writer, so I'm still finding my feet. Thank you for the comment once ag.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 5, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016

Author

Crystal Frampton
Crystal Frampton

Manchester, NH, United Kingdom



About
pasta CBD more..

Writing