What Do You See?

What Do You See?

A Story by CrystalMoon
"

A girl who finds out that her best friend is in love with her.

"

As I walk through the trees to the river, I feel free. I feel as thought nothing can touch me. Then I hear a voice calling my name. "Jane! Jane where are you?" It's my best friend, Nick.

"Over here!" I yell back. "What do you want?"

"Well nice to see you too." He says with the smirk I love so much. "What are you doin' out here?"

"Bein' away from everything."

"Oh, do you want me to go then?" He says turning away.

"No." I quickly say. "You're the only one who understands, please don't go."

"Don't worry, I'm right by your side." He puts his hand on my shoulder and sits down next to me on the ground. The river is calm and quiet. I had never just been alone with him. The sun hit his brown hair through the trees, making him glow. It made his deep brown eyes sparkle.

       The silence between us at that moment seemed to bring us together in a way that I can't explain. It started to kill me after a few minutes so I decided to say something. "I have a question."

"Yeah?"

       I'd been wanting to ask this question for so long and now I had the chance to. Without giving it a second thought I asked "When you see me, what do you see?"

He looked at me a little puzzled, but thought about it for a moment. He looked down at the ground and picked up a pebble, then threw it in the water. I wondered what that meant. After another few seconds he replied. "I see a beautiful girl who is trying to find her place in the world. I see someone who needs comfort and love just like any other. Lastly, I see a very talented and outgoing spirit within you."

       I couldn't help but smile. He truly was the nicest person I had ever met. "Thank you." I said. Without even realizing it, I had started to cry. Tears fell down my face and when he noticed, he put his arms around me and held me close. "I'm so lucky to have you."

       He took me out of his arms so we were looking at each other, face to face. He wiped the tears from my eyes and opened his mouth to speak, but then stopped himself. "What is it?" I asked.

"Well I was just wondering.."

"Yes?"

"Would you answer that question for me?"

"You mean, what I see in you?"

"Yeah."

       I had to think about that for a minute or two. I studied him closely and finally said "I see a boy who hasn't found the right girl yet and keeps struggling to. I see someone with a lot of love and compassion. Lastly, I see a spirit as kind as an angel."

"Wow." he responded. He sat back and thought about what I had just said.

"Nick?" I said. "You okay?"

"Yeah, It's just..I never thought that I could love my best friend."

"Huh?"

       Without another word he took my face in his hands and kissed me.

      

 

© 2011 CrystalMoon


Author's Note

CrystalMoon
This literally just came into my head. haha let me know if i should add on or anything. reviews?(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lets see... This piece has a lot of potential. The dialogue needs a bit of tweaking to sound more realistic. It needs a little more detail, such as in the beginning. You could describe the landscape around her elegantly, then say something like 'Nick's voice broke my trance.' Or something like that anyway. Being a writer, and especially a story writer, means giving the reader a visual in a few words. I want to be firmly placed in her world by the time she hears Nick's voice. Anyways, like I said. This has a ton of potential. And with a little bit of work this could become one of my favorite pieces.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011
Tags: girl, boy, love, best friend, forest, river, teen

Author

CrystalMoon
CrystalMoon

NC



About
Hi i'm Abigail I'm now 14 years old, my b-day is on Cinco De Mayo :) Some people say that I have a bubbly personality, but others may say that I have a dark personality. Music is like my life. I abs.. more..

Writing
Shatters Shatters

A Poem by CrystalMoon


Regret Regret

A Poem by CrystalMoon