I Haven't Loved You Enough

I Haven't Loved You Enough

A Poem by Nancy Kathleen
"

To the man I will love like no other.

"
I have loved you in the most appropriate manner I know.
I have loved you amidst your decision to go.
I loved you more than the moon loved the sun.
I loved you though I know I was never the one.

I have loved you beyond degrees I cannot count.
I have loved you beyond storms I cannot mount.
I loved you disregarding the pain and its sting.
I loved you more than I have loved anything.

I have loved you with all - with all that is left.
I have loved you despite the mourn that it kept.
I loved you and you know it was countless.
I loved you yet you said it was useless.

But if I stay.
If I stay a little longer.
By then I'd realize, I haven't loved you enough to stop.
So as soon as the earth starts revolving again,
I will love you still until I could love you enough.
Until I am empty.

Until I can no longer love.

(c) n.elardo

© 2015 Nancy Kathleen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

incredible profession of love in this poem...

"until i am empty/ until i can no longer love"

that pretty well says it all...we love till we ache all over, until our bones dissolve with the feelings, and we are nothing left but mush.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
A beautifully written poem Nancy

Posted 8 Years Ago


"Tis as tho you've already loved this man, Nancy, and such a love it has been, like no other … deep, abiding, unselfish, giving with complete abandon and surrender … what man could want for more, than this wondrous light of love shining forth from the very core of his woman's amazingly beautiful heart and soul … ohhh, how you've touched, sooo deeply — so true.
Excuse, please, as my heart settles a bit …

Nancy, I dearly love the Rhyming Couplets form, and you've certainly presented it with all the nuance one could expect: spot-on rhymes, smooth flow, excellent word choices, emotional timbre, and beauty to sweep the reader away, and I love the repeat beginnings of each line, down to your perfectly-stated refrain; and, your closing line virtually stole and twisted my heart with compassion for your love to be so lonely, unappreciated, disregarded, and unrequited, and the deep yearning for such love within me from another to embrace … sighhh⁓*

Techy stuff: Nancy, every line ended with true and strict rhyme, save V3L1 and L2. To help solve this issue, I would like to make a suggestion you might like, or that might spark a thought:

"I have loved you with all - with all that is left.
I have loved you despite I am mournful - bereft." (or, some-such)

Nancy, I guess love, without returned sustenance, will eventually lose its glimmer and fade, poignant as the thought may be … such a love as you've expressed, if it were to die (to a soft-hearted, deep romantic, such as I), would wrench my heart no end. Seems you've involved me.

Well, Nancy, as you would expect — for, as all excellent poetry tends to, you've pulled me into your moment and bade me live it with you, by painting me with words into your world, and for this, I cannot thank you enough, nor for the sheer poetical enjoyment of your skills … hugs 'n blessings to you, Dear Lady-Poet! ⁓ Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

That you consider yourself to be my fan is a blush-worthy thought, Nancy, and such an alluring hope .. read more
Nancy Kathleen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for for granting my request. This is beyond belief sir. To write something togethe.. read more
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Let's chat and see what comes of it — cowriting is a real rarity for me, Nancy … I feel a certai.. read more
Love is a madness, and we need such madness in our lives; but without reciprocation it becomes an anchor that drags us down to the very depths of purgatory.


Such a well paced and observed poem. Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nancy Kathleen

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the appreciation Ms. Bessy. Writers like you would inspire me more to publish my works.. read more
Nancy Kathleen

8 Years Ago

*Ms Beccy thank you again
So much loved painted on this vast, vivid canvas of your life. Holding on, fighting the urge to flee, you show the faithfulness of loving, of living for another, even at the cost of your very self. Beautifully confessed, and so bittersweet in the giving when such love is not returned in kind.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nancy Kathleen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much sir! I am indeed flabbergasted by the words you have uttered.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2015
Last Updated on October 6, 2015

Author

Nancy Kathleen
Nancy Kathleen

Cebu City, Philippines



About
I am fond of writing down my thoughts. I write when I am deeply in pain. I write when I am extremely happy. I write when I am embraced by sadness. I write because you exist. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Tomorrow at Two Tomorrow at Two

A Poem by Muse