From The Beginning To The Kiss

From The Beginning To The Kiss

A Poem by Cyprian Van Dyke
"

A high school dance is being held in Cinderella's castle, Disney World.

"
There're so many words she could say,
But the birds in her mouth just wouldn't let them play.

She's living for tonight, her big high school dance. 
But she's thinking about wearing a mask ... because of this man!

She frets in front of her mirror, because 
She doesn't want to know the potential of her appearance.

Her invitation is a ticket, 
She even got jet lagged when reading it...  

"The dance will be at Disney world... in Cinderella's castle."      
The invitation got dropped from her hands and left at the table. 

The rest of the evening, 
Was just like its beginning,
But tonight there may be a special ending,

The sunset's in front of the entrance. 
She walks in and sees a school by twos dancing.   

She's dressed in peach in a dress so fluffy, 
People look at her and think of a wedding.

She takes a deep breath and starts walking.
From the brilliance of the sunset to her shoes sparkling, 
The whole school sees her   body  smiling.

Hours have passed, shown by the surrounding hourglasses, 
In front of the entrance, students see the moon patently rising.
Then a certain man's presence brings more time to this dance! 
He's more than a student, he's more like a Prince!

He slithers through the people, one hello after another, looking for her...
But she slides her mask over her face and acts like she's invisible,     
She keeps an eye on the entrance awaiting her beau. 

The time the prince brought to the dance, 
Was rain to the drought of her hopeless romance.

But then a beastly man walks in.  
His attire glistens in front of the moon at the entrance. 
She sees him and smiles in her hope of deliverance. 
She didn't know if he would show on such a short notice. 
She runs to him and brings him close to her with warmth. 
Her arms are like a necklace wrapped around his neck, 
wrapped around his arms he feels her every breath. 

Between the moon and the school, they kiss,
Between heaven and earth, there's bliss! 

10/12/2015

- Cyprian Van Dyke

© 2016 Cyprian Van Dyke


Author's Note

Cyprian Van Dyke
I was thinking of Beauty and The Beast when writing this, and I mixed it with a little Cinderella. I just showed that she was after the Beast rather than the Prince at the end. I never saw either film's, but I think I could relate to the beast judging by the basics.

What made reading this poem worthwhile for you??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love that she didn't want a dashing prince at all.
He comes in looking for her she trys to hide from him, as she is looking for her prince, and that guy is just not it.
As a prince is more then just good looks. She has truly fallen for a guy who is a prince on the inside, and he is who she wants.

Again extremely beautiful and so so so romantic. This has such a deep and strong meaning, and it definetly has a beauty and the beast kinda story to it as well as Cinderella. I love it.
This was an awesome poem.
Keep on writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Your more than welcome. Your writing is worthy of such reviews
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

So nice of you to say. :)
Tushar Singh

7 Years Ago

Amazing mix of two themes. Its just so true. I loved it! Awesome sir.



Reviews

It's been too long since I last dropped in but I'm delighted I did. This is such fine poetry my friend, I've always been one for the underdog the notion of the prince vs beast. The beast clearly appeals to the heart!

A slithering prince what a sublime description. R xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, very. Affirmative! "The beast clearly appeals to the heart." Could not have said it bette.. read more
This was so cute! You captured the fairy-tale like feel perfectly and I commend you for that. I love both Cinderella and Beauty And The Beat, so this is the best combo ever. Beautiful work. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the combo, being that you like both of the stories. :)
An interesting write. Many of us think we can turn the beast into something beautiful, and maybe we can!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, very much! Maybe :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
For me is more than fairy tale. I can feel simulate emotions. When love turn to something deep and more beautiful. than was before. You describe beautiful journey for us. ye and keep good writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

I don't know what you mean by "Simulate emotions," but thank you for your honest review. :)
Such a clever write!
I love how you intertwined the two. Beauty and The Beast is my favorite Disney movie, so the young girl in me was truly smiling deeply, as I crossed the words which made me think of that classic fairytale (the beastly man, and how she embraced him), her description and the mention of the "prince" did make me think of Cinderella. Which I adored!

A truly delightful read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review. I'm very glad you enjoyed my poem! :)
That is pretty good- and unique, I 'd like to add. The words you have used and the theme you have chosen have given a picturesque effect to this piece. It flows smoothly from the beginning to the end- the kiss, eh? There is something new you've offered in this piece- something peculiar- a kind of writing that I have never come across before. This uniqueness in your strength. Great work. Nice piece. Lovely ending there. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review! It was a pleasure to read your comment. Thank you. I always try .. read more
This poem captures the essence of fairy-tales both in atmosphere and choice of writing, and quite frankly: it was such a delight to read.

The lines have a certain charm to them, it felt like I was reading a spell, not to mention the classic Cinderella vibe you mentioned which captured the attention of the squealing girl in me.

I particularly liked how she ignored the "prince" and went for the "beast" and what each respectively represent!

I'm feeling nostalgic now. Might just go watch 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Thanks for sharing this poem with us! It was heavenly to read :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, very much Alice! I loved reading your review. "Squealing girl in me," this made me smile... read more
Yes, it was worthwhile. I'm glad I read the author's note- because at first, I thought that the beastly man was going to be bad for her- instead of the loving but wounded man behind the appearance of the beast. This is a charming poem that brought me back to the anticipation and shyness of waiting for a Prince Charming, especially as she gets ready to enter the hall. I love the line: "the time the Prince brought to the dance was rain to the drought of her hopeless romance". And I love happy endings . . . Thank you

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, very! I'm glad I wrote the author's note lol. But thank you, very much, for telling me wh.. read more
loved this..cant believe you never watched either as you captured them wonderfully but i also felt the film the labrinth (the one with david bowie) creeping throughout it as well. excellent job that brings so much to the imagination as well as memories of our own school dances from way back when too haha. well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much! Imagination and memories are a great combo. Glad you enjoyed reading my poesy! .. read more
The ending line creates the mood for the entire piece for me, there is bliss wherever you want to find it, except in places one can not see, well done, good read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Thomas!
What you say is true.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1700 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2016
Last Updated on July 21, 2016
Tags: Cinderella, castle, high school dance, Disney World

Author

Cyprian Van Dyke
Cyprian Van Dyke

FL



About
If you're not into reading but love movies, here's why you should give my poems a read: I've been told many times that my writing is cinematic. I love movies and video games and I really aspire t.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Cyprian Van Dyke



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..