In front Of Them

In front Of Them

A Poem by Cyprian Van Dyke
"

His jaw dropped, her smile picked it back up,

"
His headlights were stars,
That stuck to the ground 
Like the UFO's in Close Encounters.

She stood on the sidewalk,
not too far from him;
Looking like a model on a billboard sign. 

The moon rising to her right
And the sun setting to her left.
But she was more stunning - than even the roses on her dress. 

She was looking at his headlights.
He was looking at her eyes. 
Their peripheral vision was of the sunset and moon-rise. 

He was a nerd with glasses and freckles.
She was a bombshell that had not yet blossomed. 
His jaw dropped, her smile picked it back up - perfect. 

He got out the car and met her at the passenger door. 
She wrapped her arms around him and stood like a necklace in front of him.
She was looking at the moon and he was looking at the sun. 


Now that they were together they could clearly see what was in front of them.  



  

11/7/16 written by Cyprian Van Dyke 
edited on the 8th with the help of https://storywrite.com/shapeshifter 

© 2016 Cyprian Van Dyke


Author's Note

Cyprian Van Dyke
What made reading this poem worthwhile for you??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What gorgeous imagery, Cyprian. So beautifully done. I've reread it several times in the hopes I'll remember certain phrases as they're so romantic.

"She was looking at the moon and he was looking at the sun." So beautiful.

You managed to capture a small set of photographs with your words, giving us a stunning little story. A huge well done to you, sir!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Alice. You put a smile on my face, like always.



Reviews

It's so simple and elegant, ..... It came to life, like a scene in a movie! Wonderful piece...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your much appreciated review.
So romantic. In front of them is a wonderful future...a great love story.
This is an amazing piece. Kudos!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
Your poetry is so beautiful. This was no exception, and this one was also so romantic.
The way the charicters see eachother is beautiful and the way they connect is also beautiful.
This was just Beautiful to read.
Sorry one to many beautiful's.
Though that's the main word that comes to mind when reading this poem :)
Wonderful write indeed.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Beautiful is probably the most beautiful-est word there is, and I'm privileged that you u.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Lol true. Your most welcomez :)
Aw, the future unfolds such marvelous things sometimes...I really enjoyed the imagery and the story within. Love comes in many shapes and forms, so nothing is impossible. Those who may seem out of our league, may well be who we were supposed to fall in love with.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

What a stunning capture of everything I said, "the future unfolds such marvelous things sometimes." .. read more
The anticipation of where it was going and how it would end. Great descriptions. You certainly have a vivid imagination and creativity. "His jaw dropped, her smile picked it back up - perfect." - great line. Title sums up nicely.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Pete, for your much appreciated review. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
FIN
This is gorgeous. A tale of love told extremely well. The imagery, magnificent. The story wonderful. I'm in awe great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
Cyprian, I believe it was the interplay of words describing this scene that did it for me, especially the line 'His jaw dropped, her smile picked it back up - perfect.' All in all, brilliant. Good write 


Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Ted, for your review. It means a lot. :)
I loved the imagery...the feelings evoked by the unfolding story.
There is a sense of expectation...of intrigue...of heightening tension, almost...
and then: She was looking at the moon and he was looking at the sun. Now that they were together they could clearly see what was in front of them.
Resolution...fulfillment...completeness.
Nicely done.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you, very, for your much appreciated review! :)
Oh my I love the imagery and the symmetry. Brother Sun meets Sister Moon at twilight. And the blind date is no longer blind. I loved every line but especially the last one wraps it all up nicely..."Now that they were together they could clearly see what was in front of them."

Bravo.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Your comment is a beautiful reflection of my poem, thanks again. :)
You directed this brilliantly with such flair and awe. I was waiting to hear a loud "that's a wrap"...

Much applause!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Your review is awesome!! Thank you very much!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1679 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 8, 2016
Last Updated on November 8, 2016
Tags: feeling, awe, love, togetherness, nerd, beautiful

Author

Cyprian Van Dyke
Cyprian Van Dyke

FL



About
If you're not into reading but love movies, here's why you should give my poems a read: I've been told many times that my writing is cinematic. I love movies and video games and I really aspire t.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Cyprian Van Dyke



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..