In The Digital Age

In The Digital Age

A Poem by DCT ponderings

Here I go again like the first time falling for you word by word, line by line and in between. I refrain from casting my feelings upon each page as tomorrows turn into today. I don’t want my admonitions to tip the scales of your destiny so I hold them tight-lips sealed. And audaciously dare to hope that my confession could even hold sway over your heart’s compass.

 

Yet I find myself wanting to encode secret messages into every line I write, craving you to know, and willing you to want the same. But I refuse to influence the choices you make or the direction you choose to go. I am torn between dreaming the universe delivers your every desire flung to the far edges of the world. And secretly hoping the winds of fate and change and time all conspire to blow you backwards. I reach out from my lifeboat so long adrift through this digital universe clinging to hope like the last vestiges of shoreline. Oh that I might again feel your breath upon my lips.

© 2013 DCT ponderings


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There were some really great lines in this...the internal turmoil is felt..

"..dare to hope that my confession could even hold sway over your heart’s compass." -- Love this!
"hoping the winds of fate and change and time all conspire to blow you backwards" -- YES!

Well done Ponder!

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Thanks K. I appreciate it.
K. Louis

10 Years Ago

you're welcome!
Wow . A very nice write and unique . Love in the digital age is becoming more and more a reality . More people are getting connected , arranged together on the net , dating sites , pics , love letters or poems . You have penned a great one....:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

This was a late night pondering on love in this digital age. Glad you liked it. We are connecting in.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow . That is unique . You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013

Author

DCT ponderings
DCT ponderings

WA



About
HI all! I have been absent of late. Life has run a muck and gotten away from me. Most of what I've been writing as of late can be found over on my blog www.dctdesigns.com. So feel free to find your wa.. more..

Writing