The Keys

The Keys

A Story by Ellie Luck
"

Once upon a time, there was a girl trapped in a deep and dark chamber.

"
In that chamber there was a hidden key. The room was filled with books, and when she turned their pages, information she found began to remind her of the same themes throughout while she read the text.
So When she found these common themes, she wound up finding that there were aspects of the room relating to the words she had read. 
This was only the beginning to her search for clues, as to how to escape...
As she continued reading, the books on the shelves were still almost endless. She'd never in a lifetime get through all these books. However, it wasn't long until she found that there were only a few more she'd have to read until she finally found the right... she couldn't place the word for what it was she was yet to find but all the clues in these stories simply started adding up and adding up.
You see it was one day while she was reading that she found that one of the books gave her a reason to choose the next book. And once she moved on from this book to the next they all started leading her from then on to the next book or several books. 
With hopes to finding a real answer, she simply kept on reading and searching for more answers. 
One day as she's reading, she finds a key. The original door to the room remained open as she walked steadily into the next room. She found herself in a dark hallway with a two doors on either end. Both locked. She wondered bemused as she remembered the words on the last page she read before discovering a cut into the pages where she had found the key. 
This very room contains one key alone,
Beware of the unknown...
THis made her feel unsettled as she wondered what more she could have discerned from all the books, she had read. 

© 2017 Ellie Luck


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has a ring of familiarity about it - idk why - but it just does...
Said a lot in a small space.

Posted 7 Years Ago


No, but I have another story like that that's not up here.

I just started this one, I'm planning on adding a lot more. She's going to find her way through a bunch of chambers and there are all these keys she needs to get through the doors.

Posted 7 Years Ago


so she was living the stories that she was reading

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017

Author

Ellie Luck
Ellie Luck

Twister Town, CA



About
I'm a publisher. more..

Writing
Clear Clear

A Poem by Ellie Luck


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ellie Luck



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..