A Secret Evening

A Secret Evening

A Story by DaniJ
"

A short story about an evening between two lovers

"

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.


We were snuggled together in a bed of cool, soft moss. No sound could be heard, except the sound of the rushing waterfall beside us. The crickets croaked in an oddly sweet and rhythmitic way ~ orchestrating a lullaby that was eerie, yet enchanting.

A kiss upon the nape of my neck.


“We rarely get times like these. Don’t you agree, Luna?”


Helios peppered more kisses upon my neck. The heat from his lips, a sharp contrast from the cool moss, caused goosebumps to appear on my skin. Only one source of light shone through the dark forest that surrounded us. It was that of the moon, and she was peeking shyly behind the topmost parts of the trees. Hiding her blush, may haps, at scene of two naked bodies below her in an intimate embrace.

I shiver. “Helios, you know we mustn’t.”


“Why shouldn’t we?”


His arms, around my waist, shifted. His hands now traced the line of my curves to gently grab my chin. He leads my lips to connect with his. Passionate, heated, wild ~ I don’t have other words to express this feeling, but it leaves me breathless and desperate for more. Once we come up for air, I stare into his beautiful, clear, blue eyes. I see a reflection of myself, and behind that, the fire burning inside of him. 

A mask covers most of his face, but then so does mine. His mask, a flittering gold that looks more like bronze under the moonlight, accentuates his lovely, tanned skin. His hand rough, but gentle, holds me tightly to him. Sadness came over me. Now, more than ever, I wish we could look into each others faces. To fully reveal ourselves to each other. 

But we can’t.


Our bodies we may expose, but our faces must remain a mystery. This was to protect him, as well as me, from any harm that may come by revealing ourselves to the other. This also allowed whatever happened in this forest to remain a dream �" a constant, sweet, and haunting dream.


“There is no reason for you to decline my love for you.” He whispers before leaning in for another kiss. “No one will know, Luna.”


He was so close. His lips a hair’s breath away from mine. Unable to resist, I lean in. I sought his heat. Desired to melt and mold to him. Separate and distinct we are. I know. We always shall be. Just like the Sun and the Moon ~ contrasting one other~ yet complementary and completed by the other. I was a woman. He was a man. In this moment of desire and adour, nothing else mattered but the way we fitted together. 


His hard, rugged built against my graceful, soft curves was the most conflicting yet exciting feeling. Those few moments were filled with fervent kisses, rasping breaths, and hectic touches. Breathless, we stopped to gulp in the air we needed. His eyes revealed his desire, revealing itself in the most natural of ways. His hooded lids shut for a moment. However covered, his intense gaze behind those lids I could not deny. As the moon came up and finally hovered over us, we delved into the passionate, raging storm of desire and desperation. As waves died down, we held on to each other until the first rays of the sun peeked through the leaves of the trees. Once the sun fully revealed itself in all its glory, any residuals of the dream disappeared. 


The forest was once again alone.

© 2018 DaniJ


Author's Note

DaniJ
A written short from a year or two back. This story symbolizes the beginnings of a hopeful passion, only to accept and realiize the need to let go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 13, 2018
Last Updated on March 13, 2018
Tags: short story, love, one night, garden, evening

Author

DaniJ
DaniJ

Philippines



About
A proud Chinese-Filipino who holds a variety of interests that include food, languages, culture, aesthetics, hand-crafting, and writing. At a young age, her fascination for stories inspires her to wri.. more..

Writing
"Life" "Life"

A Poem by DaniJ