Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Chelsea Schermerhorn

Little is known about the ancient Land of Fire, Wind, and Water in these modern times, but before the Great Flood and the Great Arc of Noah, the Secret Powers of people prevailed. Why were these powers so secret? Because the were despised, even by the people who possessed them.

In these dark times, there was a group of people, people possessing power so awesome, that the wind, seas, and fire obeyed their bidding. One of these powerful people was the Baroness of Savine. From the time she was only seven years of age, she knew of and hid her Secret Power, the power of commanding water. Being of Noble lineage, the Baroness was deeply embarrassed by her Secret Power, more so than anyone else. She never told anyone of her power, lest they should think she was one of the evil ones and execute her. Not even her parents knew, and when she at last married, she refrained from telling her husband. What would he think of her if she told him? But her husband, the Baron of Savine, had a Secret Power all his own; he could command wind.

He, too, was embarrassed by his power and he kept it from his wife. He once almost made the journey to the Secret Land of Fire, Wind, and Water to exterminate his power, but decided in the end, not to; the journey was perilous beyond description. What if the evil wizard, Jasper, caught him?

When the Baroness got pregnant, both the Baron and Baroness worried that their son , Miguel, future Baron of Savine, would be cursed with a Secret Power, but they still did not reveal their powers to each other. Miguel was born, and showed no signs of being cursed, thankfully. When Michaain, their second son was born, neither of them worried that he would have a power, Because why should Michaain be cursed if Miguel was not? Sadly, they were both sorely mistaken to think so. Michaain did have a Secret Power.

Michaain first discovered it when he was 10 years of age; the Baron had sent Michaain to his room for disrespect toward his mother. Michaain became so upset; when he slammed the door to his room, a huge fire erupted in the fireplace. It filled the entire room for a mere second, singing Michaain’s hair and clothes. Michaain was, at first, clueless as to what had happened. Then, by chance, he remembered a story his grandmother had told him as a little boy, a story of great evil inside a person, taking the form of a Secret Power. The evil would cause a person to be able to command either Fire, Wind, or Water. “It can’t be.” he told himself. “The story was just that, a story, a mere fairy tale. Just like wizards, elves, dwarves, and dragons.” But just to test himself for hallucinations, he spoke a small, quiet word in the Ancient language of his ancestors from the North. “Tri Thine.” which meant “Fire”. At the small sound, the fire once again grew in to a raging pile of orange flames, erupting out of thin air. Michaain, to test his imagination once more, uttered another word in the Ancient Language. “Maolaigh” And the fire diminished once more. This discovery caused Michaain to panic. People with this evil inside of them were often executed; he must find a way to get rid of the power. But who could he trust to ask? Who would help him instead of scorn him in his hour of need. There was only one person he could turn to. His Father.



© 2008 Chelsea Schermerhorn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good ...continuing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008


Author

Chelsea Schermerhorn
Chelsea Schermerhorn

Bruceville-Eddy, TX



About
I like books of all sorts, old and new, I love it when the words of a book draw pictures in my mind, I love movies of all genres except horror, learning about all things, including history, pop cultur.. more..

Writing