To my boy.

To my boy.

A Poem by Daisy
"

Poem to my favorite boy.

"
You chose me.

I don't know if it was like choosing the red white and blue bomb pop or ice cream sandwich at the ice cream tuck. 

Or was it like choosing what scented candle you wanted your bedroom to smell like. 

I don't know all the special skills and cool previous jobs all the others had on their resumes, or if they got everything to fit on one page. (apparently that is a big deal). 

I will never know how I met all of the requirements, punctuality is not my strong suit. 

You know how you're standing in line for something and they stop letting people in right after you walk in? 

Or when you find that free chick-fil-a coupon in your back pocket after you've left your wallet at home?.....maybe i'm lucky.

Or maybe all of that is fate and for this job, I was exactly what you were looking for. 

Luck or not, I'm glad i got the job, i'll try to work on my punctuality. 

I'm forever grateful that you chose me. 
-mommy 

© 2017 Daisy


Author's Note

Daisy
Tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Em
I really like the flow of this one! The first time I read it it seem choppy but I read it over and I really like how it flows. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 26, 2017
Tags: love daydreams, dreaming, relationships, happiness, mother, son, light, funny, sweet

Author

Daisy
Daisy

Atlanta, GA



About
I'm Daisy. I have a lot going on in my head and tend to talk to myself a lot, so I have decided to write out my thoughts into poetry form. i have decided to step out of my comfort zone this week, so h.. more..

Writing