The Barn

The Barn

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew wakes up, with a bit of memory Loss.

"
Andrew woke up, his vision blurred and the room dark. Was it all just a dream? Was he still in his room waking up on the first day of school? He tried to adjust his vision to the room, but he strangely could not. He began to sniff the air, and could smell an unfamiliar smell. Animals, and hay. He had a feeling he knew where he was.
Andrew sat up fast, and felt a throbbing pain in the side of his head. He quenched his eyes at the pain and held his head in his hands. What was going on? He started to hear a distant voice calling out to him, it was muffled and sounded slow but was becoming clearer and clearer every second.
"Andrew!" He finally heard the voice shout. It was Ivan, he turned his head and looked at the boy, Ivan's eyes showed Andrew how scared he was.
"Ivan whats wrong? Where are we? Where are Luke, Casey, and Nico?"
"You mean you don't remember!" Ivan shouted, sounding even more distressed.
"Remember what?"
As Andrew said that he heard a crash coming from what he guessed was the front of the building. 
The two boys ran to the front and found a stable door, its wooden board lock was in place, but that wasn't stopping the zombies on the other side who continued to throw themselves at the door. Andrew looked around for anything to help them, and quickly found a hammer and some long pieces of wood.
"Come on!" He shouted, grabbing one end of a board while Ivan grabbed the other. They slammed the board over the stable doors and Andrew nailed it into place.
"Again?" Ivan asked.
"Again!" Andrew shouted. The two grabbed another board and repeated the process. They did so until all the wood had been used up.
Afterwards Andrew let out a slight sig of relief. He looked over at Ivan, who was breathing heavily and staring at the door. Andrew went over and got on one knee to talk to him.
"Hey, hey, you alright kid?" Andrew asked, Ivan was sweating and his breathing seemed to be becoming more rapid. Ivan didn't answer.
"Can you tell me whats going on? Where is everybody? Where are our weapons?" Ivan continued not to answer.
"Ivan please tell me something."
"We have to go. We can't stay here. It's just like the house, we have to go now!" Ivan began to scream. He appeared to be crying.
"Okay, okay, its going to be okay." Andrew, not knowing what else to do, gave the boy a hug. Ivan grasped onto him, and held on tight.
"Where are we going?" Ivan asked as he began to calm down.
"We can't stay here." Andrew said "And most barns have a second floor where they store hay, as well as a large door to throw hay out of. We just need to fins that second floor." 
The two made their way into the back of the abandoned barn, Andrew considered asking Ivan what had happened again, but decided to wait until they were safer.
"There." Ivan said, pointing to a ladder in the back corner of the barn.
"Alright then." Andrew said, they quickly made their way to the back of the barn and up the ladder.
"Do you see a door anywhere?" Andrew said, looking out into the room.
"Yeah, right here." Ivan said, facing the opposite direction. The door was right behind them. 
"Oh, well okay then."
Andrew opened the door slowly and he and Ivan looked outside. 
As far as Andrew could tell, there were no zombies in the back of the barn. He could see a house close by and a pickup truck parked outside.
"You think that truck has gas?" Ivan asked.
"It better." Andrew said "You jump in the back, i'll go inside and try to find a key."
"Got it."
The two jumped down and ran towards the house. Andrew was acting completely on adrenaline, and in complete fear that a zombie was going to see the and attack them. Ivan got to the truck and tried the door just to check it. It was locked and so he hopped in the back. Andrew ran towards the front door of the house.
The door had obvious signs of a break-in, but Andrew ran inside anyway. The front hall didn't have any place for keys so he tried the kitchen. He looked around frantically, and managed to find them on the counter, sitting next to a .357 revolver. Andrew took the keys and revolver and ran outside, not wanting to spend any extra seconds in the house.
As he ran outside, Ivan shouted for him "Andrew look!" Andrew looked back at the barn and saw the possessed leading an advance of infected towards the truck as the ressurects lagged behind. Andrew ran to the car and got in the drivers seat. "Andrew hurry!" Ivan said in desperation. Andrew put the keys in the ignition and the car roared to life.
"Go! Go! GO!" Ivan shouted, Andrew gunned it towards the oncoming crowd hitting them dead on. A shower of blood rained over the car covering it and Ivan as the car drove away.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011
Tags: Zombies, Kids, Gun


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac