Peakdale, The Survivors village

Peakdale, The Survivors village

A Chapter by Damac
"

Nico, Luke, and Casey arrive back in Peakdales town center.

"
Nico opened the door to the cabin and fired three shots of his shotgun at nearby infected. 
"They are coming now Casey, this is your last chance to come with us." Nico said, he loaded three more shells into the shotgun.
Casey sighed, "Fine, but only because you fired those shots." She picked up a rifle and handed a pistol to Luke, "Well lets get going."

The three stepped out into the morning cold. It was foggy and dark as the sun was just beginning to rise. The group moved carefully but quickly, wanting to clear as much distance between them and the cabin as they could.

Within five minutes they were on the main road, "Where are we going?" Luke asked.
"Town center." Nico said, "We can get supplies there."

The three began to quickly move down the road. They saw very few undead along the way, just a couple of resurrects who didn't even give chase.
"I don't like this, they aren't following us." Casey whispered.
"Maybe they now we will kill them." Nico responded.
"No, its something else..." 

The three walked for another minute before entering a small neighborhood. As they walked up the street they heard a crash. Sinning around they saw a possessed jump right out of a second story window and run towards Luke.
"Luke move!" Nico shouted, before realizing that Infected were running out from behind the same house.
"It's an ambush!" Casey shouted.
"How the f**k did they manage to coordinate this?" Nico shouted, as he began to run and shoot.

Nico failed to notice the possessed tackle Luke to the ground. The nine year old boy looked up into the possessed's face. It's decayed skin and hollowed eyes stared back at him, the strange black liquid dripped from its mouth and onto Luke face burning it. Luke quickly grabbed his pistol and put it in the monsters mouth. He fired and it backed off, grabbing its face and reeling in pain. Then it lowered its hands, and looked back at Luke "Even I know a little s**t like you can do better than that." It said.

Suddenly Nico appeared and kicked the possessed in the side, right before firing a shotgun into its face which completley mangled the creature. Nico turned around and fired every shell into the train of infected chasing him while Luke gave him support from the ground using his pistol.

Nico ran over and grabbed Luke's hand, helping him up . "You alright buddy?"
"Ya, ya, i'm fine." Luke said, "Let's get out of here, fast."
"Agreed, Casey lets go!"
Casey, who had been picking off some distant resurrects ran over. "Luke hat happened to your face?" Casey said, kneeling dow to get a closer look.

Along with several small burn marks from the possessed spit, Luke had a long gash across his right cheek. "What's wrong?" 
"It's not bleeding much." Nico said.
"Ya, but it will, and even if it doesn't, that wound could get infected easy."
"What do you think we should do."
"Try and find butterfly stitches or something it the town center, but for now..." Casey took a knife and cut off the left sleeve of Lukes shirt, "Hold this to your face, keep pressure on it." Casey said, Luke did what he was told.

The three walked for about ten more minutes, until they came to a strange sight in the middle of the road.

A large chain link fence, held together using nails and duct tape, and expanding i between to buildings kept them out of the town center. Nico and Casey looked at each other. 
"Do you think this means what I think it means." Nico asked.
"God I hope so." Casey responded. The three then grabbed on, and began to hoist themselves up over the barriers.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011
Tags: Zombies, Survival


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac