Unbalanced

Unbalanced

A Poem by Daniel Gardner
"

A little ranting is always the best medicine.

"














Send send send
To everyone that is a friend
Wow oh my god i just sent out 110
Can't wait to read their comments
Can't wait to read their thoughts
Huh that funny I only got 10 readers
Only have 1 review
Oh well that's okay
I know people have things to do
I will give it a day or two
Huh this is odd
This can't be right
Its been three days
I only have readers numbering only 22
The reviews are even low too
Ahhhhh! what is this 150 read request
I just read and reviewed 132
Wow this is stupid
This is a joke
Did you send me a return the favor request?
You haven't even reviewed any of mine
This must be a jest
How can you join a site to read and review
But all you seem to want is everyone to praise you
You should read my poems
Then you will see yourself
First read "One less" and take the hint
If that doesn't reach you read "Rage"
Or "Payback"
If you still don't get it
I will write a new poem only for you
To tell you to get off this site
I will name it "Never Come Back"
Or I swear I will find you!

© 2010 Daniel Gardner


Author's Note

Daniel Gardner
Sorry just a rant about the balance that is on this site. Started out pretty good but the Number of people Reading does not even come close to the reviews given or the read request i keep getting. I try and review everyones poems and stories they send me. Why is is so hard to get that in return? If I send 52 read request and 12 don't accept but 40 do. How come I can't get 40 reviews? I only get like 10 if im lucky now. Sorry again just ranting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is hilarious. It's really true. I know exactly how you feel. I get five reviews at most now and I review so many poems. No one returns the favors on this site, it really lacks balance and you definitely expressed it in this rant. I love the flow of this because it's so quick and rushed, it feels very frantic, just like the image that you included, which REALLY made me crack up! I do want to point out that you forgot to capitalize an "i" in the third line. Good poem otherwise!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm sure this is the feeling of more than just yourself here and on other writing sites. Sometimes I wonder if my poetry is awful and that's why there're hardly any reviews many times. I do review all that comes into my read request box, and most of what I catch that's newly posted from my "subscriptions," so feel free to put me on your "friends list," if you'd like. I can assure you at least one review, unless something major happens to stop me from getting here most days.
Nice piece, by the way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol very good poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol I'm with you on this. It's beyond frustrating. Now I only review the ones who review me, it's easier that way. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yep, I feel your pain, DG ... Haven't been on WC as much but I do try to give reviews, especially to those less frequented writers ... RANTING IS DEF. GOOD MEDICINE !!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Of course people think this way. We want reviews, but we don't have the time to give them. After awhile, when you put it off, you get tired and forget. Eventually you just don't comment at all. I understand where you are coming from, but you have to understand, people get 10 read requests a day and only have time to really read and review maybe half of them. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with having everyone's thoughts and it takes a lot of sacrifice to try and truly help the person. I'm sorry that you don't get as many views as you want, but if you are wanting real reviews, you might want to send more thoughtful reviews, other than 'I really like this' or 'this is good'. If you make more insightful reviews, others will do the same for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great rant! Love the picture, too. There are probably many reasons why? Such as too many friends thus too many request to make it humanly possible, or the general feeling of being overwhelmed by lives problems that clever reviews just don't come forth. There are more pats on the back then constructive criticism on this site so, people just won't say anything if they didn't enjoy the read. In some cases, it may be a factor of selfishness. Personally, I do not always return every review or respond to every read request; however, I have given a 1000 more reviews than received. This poem should spark a lot of interest. Great subject matter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, duh, because its more fun to get reviews than to give them. Why would we want to return the favor to someone else?

Posted 13 Years Ago


it is so true and i agree i Answer the poems and rate read and leave a comment when i can thats why takes me so long so on here now in then. but you do some great work thanks for sharing tc god bless

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL, You wrote nothing but the truth here. This is awesome.
I enjoyed this write alot. Love the rant!

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

Daniel Gardner
Daniel Gardner

Monroe, GA



About
I'm an inspiring writer that has a million and ten thoughts running through his head all day. I joined this site because my wife inspired me to. I was not prepared for the thoughts to jump out so much.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rage Rage

A Poem by Daniel Gardner


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Levioshock