Normality

Normality

A Poem by Danicakes
"

About my monsters

"
Being swallowed up by the world isn’t the best thing but that’s mostly how I feel. Because dealing with depression and anxiety is almost exactly like that. The thing I wish were the most as a kid was to be normal, like everyone else. I prayed the day and night that I would be good so God can make me “normal”. And even though I prayed and listen to my mother nothing ever happened,nothing ever changed. As I grew older I started hating myself not knowing what was wrong with me.I had many illnesses but I didn’t know who I was. I still don’t. Even now I still struggle to swim through Waves and currents running through forests without tripping. Still I climb mountains that throw boulders and avalanches at that shake me. It’s not the end I tell myself just about every day, but I know the monsters are no longer under my bed but around me. And in my head, they surround me even when I close my eyes.

© 2017 Danicakes


Author's Note

Danicakes
A poem about my anxiety and depression. Still growing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on October 6, 2017
Last Updated on October 6, 2017

Author

Danicakes
Danicakes

New Orleans , LA



About
I love writing poetry. I also hula hoop and love Tim Burton movies! more..