A Blade of Grass

A Blade of Grass

A Poem by Dani California

 

A blade of grass rests comfortably; 

resting on my knee, small and green,

I stare at it suspiciously.

 

A blade of grass sits quietly;

sitting on my knee, small and green,

I wonder what it wants from me.

 

A blade of grass weeps silently;

weeping on my knee, small and green,

I brush it away thoughtlessly.  

 

A blade of grass carries no shame;   

staring back at me, strong and green,

never forgetting its moment of fame.

 

© 2009 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The simple silent things in life are often overlooked yet so important. This poem celebrates their place in this world. This brings to mind a small fern that grows from a pocket on a boulder in my favorite bouldering area. I have been visiting this place for 18 yrs and the fern never grows any bigger but lives on.I have always made a point of greeting him, to appreciate the small things that make the whole so beautiful. Thank you for reminding me . I loved this poem . Great job.

Mr.Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dani, you truly know how to get your point across. This makes a tremendous impact on the reader. I love this...Excellent piece...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, Dani, this is fantastic. I love the way you composed the theme behind the blade of grass. It has such appeal and emotion that my heart couldn't help but feel the rejection, but understood the moment, that one special moment...Beautifully written.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool piece, I clicked on this particular poem cause my friend wrote a song called Blade of Grass & his was wild! and loved it, you gotta read it. I'll try to get the lyrics to the story poem song and get it to you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely love this piece. :) I think that nature's simplicities should be appreciated just as much as its mysteries and complexities. We often overlook simple beauty such as green grass, drops of dew, or golden sand, overwhelmed by the bright, complicated things around us. Awesome job. :D This is definitely a favorite.

I know you wanted suggestions in reviews, something that I wholly agree with, but I really couldn't find anything about this piece that I didn't like, hard as I looked. It's simply beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

that was fantastic personifacation!

Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A miracle in a blade of grass. I love it. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What is WIP?

Also, I like it....a lot

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

*sigh* Mindfulness and appreciation of even the smallest bits of nature are ever so peaceful. I really like this piece! It's very calm and so meaningful to the human soul! Adoring nature is such a pleasure, and so was reading this poem!

Beautiful work!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Aw WoW! I truly loved this a lot. Sad, yet it speaks plenty. I agree with Feather. Like a poet, or lost poet, we wonder if we are to be remembered or not, and if our writing will be saved for others to learn by. It's a good question. All it takes is just one blink. Will we live on, or will we be long, long forgotten? Im hoping we will stay in the memories of those who cared about and admired us so much. Very thought-provoking poem. Loved it! :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This one just sort of left me blinking, very, very beautiful writing, Dani.

The fact that you can draw such depth and detail out of something so small and ordinary is very impressive and this is definitely going into my favorites. It's relatively short and I really enjoyed the way you started each stanza.

(and sorry for being so lax on giving reviews for so long)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1667 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2008
Last Updated on March 19, 2009

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..