How I Long For Our Voyage...

How I Long For Our Voyage...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

In the deepest parts of the night, I feel as though I can still smell your perfume wafting past me. It is a delusion, at least my brain thinks it is, but it is far from that. I feel as though you are not that far from me, even when distance compromises our togetherness. It is an electric feel, one that seems to be a bond between us that I think you would agree does exist. And in that bond, lies a deeper passion on my part that is not going to be quenched any time soon…

 

But I ask, ‘what of my feeling?’ Will you return a part of you for my part of me? I demand this not of you, for it is not my place to. That is your decision and yours alone…

 

I verge on the cliff of tears, much like you say that you do. And there is not much that keeps me from wanting to go off of that cliff, and I would guess this to be the same with you. But I would keep you from that cliff; you don’t deserve any bit of sadness. It seems to be me that deserves to hurt…

 

So when will we sail away from here? Once I can obtain a motive of transport, we will go when we want to. We will stay away from these places we hate and we will be who we want. But where would we go?

 

I will hold you in the night so that you know I am there; to try to keep you from crying. But, when sleep overcomes you, I will cry. I will keep my tears away from you…you don’t deserve to know that your Guardian is weak…

 

All that I ask, my little Engel, is this: will you love me?

 

Daniel Helle, Eight of May, Two Thousand and Eleven.


© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully evocative!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an amazing chapter.. It makes you wonder..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong chapter. I like the emotion and the feel in the words. To keep strong and go forward. Can be hard to maintain a strong a positive attitude. I like the complete chapter. Thank you for sharing this outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: gone, away, love


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha