Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Danielle

     

 

I spent the next two weeks relaxing with my family. Edward had bought tickets to a Broadway show for me, him, Renesmee, and Jacob, who, of course, we couldn’t leave behind. The show was nice, fun and cheerful. But I didn’t really pay much attention to it. Neither did Edward. It made me feel kind of bad for having the best seats, considering we hardly looked up from each other. Renesmee sat in Jacob’s lap, though she had her own seat right next to him. But actually, besides the saleswoman who kept trying to sell Edward a souvenir, I had a pretty good time.

Today was Saturday, and everyone was once again hanging around the Cullen house. It was one of those rare, sunlight filled days, warm and pleasant. Along with my never ending love for Edward, I just couldn’t help that dazzled feeling that came over me every time the rays hit our skin, millions of diamonds reflecting off the glass panels of the house, and bouncing all around the room.

“My deer was definitely bigger than yours”, Jacob argued.

Nessie shook her head, her shiny curls swaying back and forth.

“I have better eyesight than you. So by observing both deer’s approximate lengths, and calculating what I would estimate to be the closest to their weights based on the average BMI of the deer of our past hunts, I’m afraid my deer was in fact larger than yours, Jake”, Renesmee recited.

She flashed Jacob her best smile and the rest of us couldn’t help but smile too. Whenever Renesmee and Jake got into these little battles over which had the biggest kill; something they’d done since they were little, Nessie used her vast knowledge to claim a win.

Jake hung his head in defeat, and then muttered, “No way you won”, under his breath.

I grinned.

“That’s two years less for you, Jake”, I said, remembering the little age game we used to play.

He grinned back.

It made me happy to see Jake so happy. I mean, thinking back to his gloomier days, I am sort of glad for his imprinting on my daughter. Why should I get all the happiness, after all?

 

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
short but nice..

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle