Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Danielle

 

We were all alone, in the forest. Jake was still mad about losing the race. He did come in second place though, but I knew Jake. He wanted all the glory of being first. But Leah stole the win in the last two seconds. He was still huffing about it now.

“She definitely tripped me, you saw that, right?”, he asked.

I shook my head, smiling.

“It’s alright to lose sometimes, you know. It doesn’t mean you’re not fast”, I assured him.

His face got a little lighter.

“It just means Leah’s a bit faster than you”, I joked.

Jacob rolled his eyes, about to ramble some more about how Leah cheated, when I put my finger over his mouth. He instantly calmed down, and looked me in the eyes.

“I guess s’okay”, he mumbled.

I smiled.

“Good. Besides, don’t you think Leah kind of deserved to win? Just to have a happy moment in her life?”

He shrugged.

I had been wondering for a while why Leah seemed to be mad at the world most of the time. Jake had told me of the days her and Sam had dated, before Sam had imprinted on her cousin Emily. He also told me of how Emily had gotten the long scar along the side of her face that pulled one side of her lip down in a partial frown.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you, Jake.”, I whispered.

He turned my way, his dark eyes staring into mine with an intensity he’d never given me before. I was shocked as he suddenly wrapped his arms around me, tight. I loved the warm feeling that was Jacob Black. I loved his perfections, his flaws, his soft side, and the edginess to him that never ceased to spark my interest. And in that moment, I knew he was more than my best friend. Well, I’d always known that. That was the way imprinting worked. And I was glad to be able to have him in my life.

I rested my head on his shoulder, enjoying the moment until I realized something was wrong. Jacob was too tense, he felt like a rubber band stretched and about to snap. I couldn’t escape his grip. Looking at the side of his head, I saw his eyes were shut tight, and his chest moved up and down in heavy pants.

“Jake!”, I yelled, startled. He didn’t answer.

I frantically tried to calm him down, but he looked like he was in pure agony.

And when I was about to call for help, he moved in an instant, grabbing the back of my head with a soft touch, and pressing his lips to mine in the same moment, with a fierceness I was a little startled of. But surprisingly, it felt very natural. As if it had happened before, which, of course it had not. Tears stung in my eyes, as I held myself to him, unable to let my lips leave his.

And just then, I heard a shriek. Jake pulled away quickly, and stared at my mother with a guilt ridden face.

“Jacob, what the hell do you think you’re doing?!”, she yelled.

“Jacob wasn’t-”

But I stopped when she looked at my tear stained face.

She dashed over to my side, embracing me in a hug.

Daddy was next to us, glaring at Jacob.

“I suggest you leave now”, he said coldly, wrapping his arms around me and Mama comfortingly.

Jacob looked nervous, worried.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me”, he said, his voice trembling.

Jake suddenly looked mad. Soon his whole body was trembling furiously.

“WHY DO I ALWAYS END UP RUINING MY OWN HAPPINESS?”, he roared. Daddy pulled us back from Jacob. Mama rubbed my own trembling arm.

“It’s alright Renesmee. He won’t do that again, if he knows what’s good for him.”

I felt so guilty, like the kiss was all my fault. And now Jake was taking the blame. The worst part was, nobody would let me speak.

Jake stared at me for a long time.

“I’m so sorry Nessie”, he whispered before running further into the forest.



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
I loved the warm feeling that was Jacob Black - aww.. haha.. nice one.. Poor Jake in deep troube with papa Ed :P

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle