Chapter 9-Bella's POV

Chapter 9-Bella's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

     Bella's POV

 

“Where are they?”, I asked Edward again.

His lips were pressed together, forming a tight line.

Alice stood inches away, seeing what was going to happen, and reflecting it back to Edward.

“Bella, love, I think you should sit down for this”, he said, wrapping his hand around my waist and leading me to the couch. Although vampires couldn’t faint, my head was sending off feelings of uneasiness throughout my whole body.

Jacob and Renesmee had been gone for two hours. At first, Edward said it was nothing to worry about, that they were just trying to get some alone time to talk out what had happened. My worries never ceased, and because of them, regrets of what I had discussed with Jacob earlier today were making me feel even worse. I felt like it was my fault they had to sneak away like this.

Of course, I remembered everything that I’d said.

“You’re unbelievable! I can’t believe you think you can just get away with all of this!”

He stared back at me angrily from where he sat on his bed.

“I can, and I will. Nessie’s practically reached full maturity, and just because she still looks young doesn’t mean she is!”, he growled.

At that point, I was fuming.

“She’s my daughter! I never asked for you to imprint on her. You’re lucky I let you around her after your attitude while I was still pregnant. So I don’t know why you think you have the right to-”

Suddenly Jacob had laughed, and I stopped, startled.

“C’mon, Bells. Are you telling me you’ve turned into an overprotective mother?” He snorted.

I growled at him.

And then, to my surprise, I laughed back, my lips not able to hold it in.

“Look Jake. I didn’t really come here to yell at you. I came to tell you that you can come back.”

He laughed again.

“Did you seriously think you were the one stopping me from coming back? That’s not why I stayed away. First of all, I had to give you vamps some time to cool down.”

He chuckled at his joke. I rolled my eyes.

“And second, I was mad at myself. Well, at first I was. I mean, until I realized why exactly I kissed her. It opened my eyes.”

I groaned.

“Jacob, I just want you to promise me that you’ll leave Renesmee alone unless I say it’s okay. Can you do that?”

He nodded, but I still saw laughter in his eyes.

Before I left, I shook my head and gave him a glare.

“So, my son’s getting back into the game, I heard”, Billy said from on the porch.

“He does, and tomorrow he’ll wake up with no front teeth”, I muttered.

Billy’s laughter faded away with my flashback, which took only a second.

 

“Jacob just proposed to Renesmee”, he said softly.

I felt my eyes bugging out of my head, my composed mask of a face falling to the ground and shattering. All the guilt I felt for yelling at him disappeared completely.

“WHERE THE HELL IS THAT MUTT? I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!”, I screamed.

Edward rubbed my shoulders, trying to hold me down.

“Bella!”

My eyes were blank, seeing nothing but my innocent young daughter standing there confused. She needed me there to stop Jake.

What was wrong with him? Was this some sort of sick joke he was trying to pull on me?

“Bella, listen to me. She hasn’t answered him yet, but you’ll find them by the mouth of the lake.”

He kissed me gently.

“Don’t be too hard on him. I’m almost positive it’s some sort of effect cause by his imprinting. After being with her for such a long time, and being…restrained for so long, I think it’s become stronger. It’s not his fault.”

It’s not his fault. It’s never his fault. I thought it would be a great thing to have Jacob still be in my life. To see him happy, even though I chose Edward over him. I even tried to get over the imprinting thing at first. But after becoming a mother, I’ve gained a sort of instinct, a sort of protection over Renesmee that’s hard to clear away. And it was probably my wild vampiric moods taking over, but as I made my way to the lake, I didn’t care what my conscious was telling me not to do. My only concern right now was Renesmee.



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle