Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Danielle

I looked down at the stony floor as we made our way to Volterra. The landmarks here were not ones I wanted to remember. A couple of people looked up from the silent crowd and gazed our way. But they weren’t able to for long as we dashed quickly into the shadows under the huge clock tower.
I held Renesmee tight as we entered Volterra, and waited until we had all entered the hidden city.
The wolf pack was bunched closed together. None of us talked as we made our way through a dark tunnel. One of the members of the guard, dressed in a red cloak, lead us down another hallway with a wave of his hand.
The cold silence suddenly turned into a light, colorful atmosphere with music all around.
The guard held out his hand to us suddenly.
Carlisle pulled out our invitation from his pocket and placed it gently in it.
The guard nodded, disappearing in a flash.
There were vampires all around, dressed up and dancing to the band in the corner, who called themselves Australian Winter. The music picked up speed, shifting flawlessly into a loud, jumpy song. Jacob picked up Nessie, and carried her over to dance. Emmett and Rose followed them. Alice stood beside us, wearing a strapless pale blue gown.
“Where’s Jasper?” I asked, suddenly realizing he wasn’t there.
“He’s back at the hotel”, she said sadly.
Jasper had been even quieter than usual this trip, and I knew exactly why. After being changed by a young vampire named Maria, Jasper was forced to train her newborn army, and then kill them when their extreme strength depleted a notch. Though he hated his past lifestyle, and ran off with Alice to join the Cullen family, the Volturi held a grudge.
I looked a little closer at my surroundings. There were flowers everywhere, and satin gold banners displaying “Volterra” hanging from every door.

My eyes stopped suddenly in the corner of the huge ballroom. Behind the thick, muscular folded arms of Demitri, glaring around the room with bright red eyes, was Aro. He had a wide smile spread across his translucent face. His milky red eyes sparkled with excitement.

He met my gaze and his smile stretched even wider, a sudden curiosity lighting his face.

I heard him whisper directions to Demitri, and then watched as the enormous vampire stepped aside to let Aro through. Gazing up at Demitri as he waited for his master to come back, and then spotting Emmett on the dance floor, I couldn’t help but wonder which one of the thick muscled vampires would win in a fight.

 “The Cullens have arrived!” Aro breathed.

I gave him a wry smile, trying to avoid eye contact.

 “It’s nice to see you Aro”, Carlisle lied politely.

Aro’s overly excited expression did not change.

He reached out for my hand. I heard Edward’s teeth grind together as he stood silently next to me.

Aro raised his free hand high in the air, and gave a small wave. Instantly, Caius and Marcus were at his side.

“Brothers! Look who has shown up to our gathering!”, Aro exclaimed.

Caius’ natural glaring expression did not change. Marcus nodded bluntly to us.

“What’s going on?”, Jake asked, rushing to my side with Nessie in his arms. Seth and Leah weren’t far behind. Emmett and Rosalie looked our way, and made their way to the little corner in which we all stood, a few inches away from the crowded dance floor.

Aro’s eyes grew wide as he took in the scene.

“Oh my, what luck we have today, brothers!”

He turned to Jake, slightly sniffing the air, then back to us.

“I see you have brought some of your shape shifting wolves with you”, Marcus noted.

“We’re nobody’s property, bloodsucker!”, Leah spat.

The Volturi looked startled. Seth put an arm on Leah’s slightly vibrating body, trying to clam her down.

“I see. My sincerest apologies”, Aro said.

Leah fixed her glare on Aro.

“Why don’t we continue our talk somewhere more private?”, he said. There was a strange eagerness clinging to his voice.

Jacob rolled his eyes, holding Nessie closer to his bare chest. She clung tightly back, afraid.

We all unwillingly followed the three red cloaks, until the noise of their party had disappeared, and we stared at each other in total darkness. I could feel something coming on. That, and Edward clutched me tighter, his face stone cold.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle