Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Danielle

I listened intently to the little droplets of rain bounce of the ceiling of my temporary home. My whole day was spent sitting on Aro’s “throne”. My finger lightly traced the elaborate design of the armrest carved in gold and opal.

Mama entered then, the Volturi’s dark red robe surrounding her frame.

I kept my head down, draping the giant hood of my own robe over my face.

“Renesmee, would you like to come hunting with us?” she asked.

I sighed. Hunting made me think of Jacob. Everything made me think of Jacob.

But my mouth felt dangerously dry. And that didn’t add to my lifeless disposition.

“Sure”, I said quietly, standing up and removing my robe, revealing my black cotton dress underneath.

Mama put her arm around me, and we joined Daddy, Aunt Alice, and Uncle Jasper. The rest of my family had gone hunting earlier, searching for a blunt forest safe enough for us not to be seen.

Aunt Alice gave me a disapproving look.

“Black? Where’s the bright colorful Nessie I know?”, she asked, fluffing out my curls for me.

I shrugged.

Uncle Jasper snuck up behind me, suddenly lifting me into the air and onto his strong shoulders.

“Ready to hunt?”, he teased.

We made our way out of Volterra. It was gloomy and dark outside as well.

Jasper set me down, and Daddy came to my side to hold my hand, Mama in his other.

We drove in my Aunt’s Porche until we reached a damp wooded area. As we dashed through the forest, Daddy lifted my onto his back.

“Whoo!”, I shouted, my high pitched yell sounding more animal than anything.

We all laughed, the sound creating a perfectly harmonious orchestra.

Hunting was actually more fun than I’d expected it to be. I slowly stalked an antelope until it sensed my presence and began to rush. I somersaulted through the air, and landed directly in front of it. Grabbing an antler, I easily sunk my razor sharp teeth through its neck.

Mama stood beside me, smiling.

“Nice moves”, she commented.

I jumped into her arms, reaching to touch my hand to her neck.

She suddenly rolled her eyes, wiping the bright red blood from across her cheek.

“Five years and I still can’t get it right”, she muttered.

“Don’t worry Mama, you’re not alone”, I assured her.

Daddy was suddenly at our side. He sighed, putting an arm around each of us.

“What would I do without you two?”, he murmured, kissing my head. He turned to Mama, and bent down, forcing her to follow. They shared a long, passionate kiss, until I sniffed, and they both suddenly looked up.

“Renesmee, what’s wrong?” Mama asked, startled.

I lifted my hand up to wipe the single tear that rolled slowly down my cheek, but Mama caught it first.

Daddy’s face already lit up with understanding.

“Jacob”, he said quietly, knowing I didn’t really want to talk at the moment.

“Why don’t you call him tonight?” she suggested.

“It’s not the same.”

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle