Chapter 30-Bella's POV

Chapter 30-Bella's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

       Bella’s POV

 

Edward. My circumvention from this tiny, ever-changing galaxy of modification we seemed to be trapped in for years. The illuminated bright light at the end of a dark tunnel; light that resembled a perfect angel, waiting for me between each slow step. The step which became a faithful eternal journey. Renesmee. My daughter, so unbelievably unique in her kind and beauty, irradiating energy straightforward from the sun. Such a perfect piece of my life, an unimaginable joy. Jacob. Another crucial part of my life, forcing the woodsy greens and luminescent light fabrics of my existence to join together. My best friend, the shape shifter.

I laughed once, reminiscing with my never ending thoughts. My vampire brain, kept up with my every worry, my every little thought on everything and anything.

The bell-like sound of my own laughter frightened me. It sounded unusually nervous, more a cry than anything else.

“Something funny?”, Edward asked from beside me.

I placed my hands against his bare pale chest. I sighed, relishing the feel. Strong, smooth and alluring.

“I think I’ve officially lost it”, I half-joked.

Edward looked concerned for half a second. He quickly forced a small smile in an attempt to comfort me. But it was far too late for that.

I wished I could go to sleep, just for an hour. To build castles in the sky, to imagine myself far away from trouble. Edward, Renesmee, and the rest of my family strong at my side.

He kissed me, gentler than usual.

The forest around us began to darken with the new night sky. My eyes immediately adjusted to the purples, blues and yellows of the landscape, creating a frozen painting of the tall pine and the dark coated floors.

“Nessie’s fine, love. She’s over at the campfire in La Push, with Jacob.”, he unnecessarily reminded me, viewing my obvious worry.

I wanted her here with us. I wanted to wrap my daughter tight in my arms, and protect her from everything that was coming. To know for sure she was safe.

With small focus, I lifted my shield away, letting Edward share my mind.

He grimaced, feeling my pain just as well as his own.

And suddenly, a spark overwhelmed me. A small epiphany.

The Volturi

Edward, still in my head, pondered upon my discovery.

“Perhaps they could be of some help”, he mused.

They owe us

“We’d have to be very careful in asking. The Volturi might have a different view of the situation than us. We wouldn’t want Renesmee to become tangled up in Joham’s plans.”

His face echoed mine; a mask of pain.

Just then I caught the scent of mountain lion imminent to where I stood motionless. My shield involuntarily snapped back into place. Quickly, my eyes spotted the slightly massive frame of the animal hunched over a tree.

I didn’t bother to chase my food. Nimbly and with precise precision, I struck the lion, while Edward charged the opposite way to retrieve his own.

Long after the creature had been drained of its blood, I lazed close to its limp body in disdain.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle