Chapter 32-Renesmee's POV

Chapter 32-Renesmee's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

                                    Renesmee’s POV

 

I listlessly turned to gaze at my reflection in the mirror. The dress was enchanting, a pearly white which narrowed to my waist, then flared downwards to the floor. My shiny bronze curls cascaded down my back, and Aunt Alice had braided together two small strands into an elegant design. I wore the locket outlined with tiny vines; given to me by my mother five years ago. Alice had lent me her silver stilettos to add extra height. After all, I would be standing next to Jacob.

 Jacob. No other word in my excessive vocabulary could sum him up. I slowly opened the clutch on my locket. On one side stood a picture of me with my parents, as a baby. On the other, Jacob and I, from when I was only a toddler. He hadn’t changed a bit. By today’s closure, he would be my husband. I was suddenly overwhelmed with happiness. Enough to make my hands tremble and my heartbeat soar.

 Of course, I would always be a Cullen. My family would forevermore remain an essential piece to my life, one that I couldn’t live without. As was Jake. I wasn’t prepared to live in a world without them. I didn’t think any of us could bear to depart from one another.

The next three hours were practically a blur. I was led to the house and upstairs with Alice’s hand clamped tightly over my eyes. Though I probably could have seen past her if I tried, I played along. I wanted today to be special.

Another bolt of thunder rumbled from outside.

This was all wrong. The day, the weather. Everything. This scene should be taking place at First Beach, just when the sun commenced to retire. Jacob and I belonged with the sparked orangey glows, the crisp whites, sandy beiges, and painted maroon skies. Our relationship was built along woodsy pines. Swirled through the light misty winds which trailed like a long ribbon through the forest’s trees.

Instead, our wedding day was enclosed and algid. I smelled roses, hibiscus, and gardenia amongst many others distributed evenly around the house. Where were the pines, the familiar scent of the ocean? Nothing compared.

But we weren’t here for the scenery. When all the reasons concluded to the paramount of this morning’s event, I found myself daydreaming without a background. I saw only my Jacob.

Our worlds would finally intertwine, officially and permanently. It would make us stronger, remind ourselves why we were here.

My heart ached for my beloved; my flame. Jacob Black had brought me to life.

I smiled.

Although pure hell charged towards my family with an unknown vengeance, though we were forced to create our ties differently than imagined before this unexpected misery came, I still felt incredibly lucky.

 He was the most beautiful, charming, witty, handsome being alive. To me, he always would be. Very soon, his warm arms would be wrapped around me, and I would be whole.

“Nayeli Jacob”, I said softly to myself.

 

All dressed up and waiting, I fell backwards onto Alice and Jasper’s prop bed, a motion that my aunt probably wouldn’t be too happy about later.

I could hear the guests arriving from downstairs. The Denali Coven was first, followed by the wolf pack’s family members and imprintees.  The wolves were getting dressed back in La Push. I wondered who guarded Jacob now.

I sighed. He was just downstairs, his musky, woodsy scent skimming my nose. I couldn’t understand how the rest of my family hated the shape shifter’s smell; I hardly smelled the animal portion. This was because I was half-human, I knew. 

There was a small knock at the door.

I hopped off the bed, slowly opening the door to allow Billy, Rachel, and Rebecca in.

“Oh, Nessie! That dress is gorgeous, you look amazing!”, Rebecca exclaimed, wrapping me in a tight hug.

“Careful, Becca! She’s in her gown!”, Rachel reminded.

“Oops, sorry”, she apologized, releasing her grip.

I turned to Billy; he smiled back.

“Wow, Billy. You look great”, I said with a small smile.

He gave a small chuckle, looking down to straighten the tie on his gray tux.

“If you think I look good, wait until you see Jake”, he chortled.

My heart bloomed at the sound of his name.

“You’ve seen him already?”, I breathed.

Billy nodded.

“Poor kid’s so nervous, looks like he’s gonna phase any second.”

Wow. Jacob was nervous. To see…me.

Everyone was always telling me I was beautiful. Irresistible. But it meant nothing to me unless Jacob could see it too.

 

I often wondered about our future together. It was indubitably cloudy.

A shape shifter and a half vampire, perpetually together in perfect harmony.

Vampires were supposed to be their enemies. We were supposed to hate each other.

 But then my mother came along, and changed everything. Because of her, we all co-exist in mid peace.

Because of me, two completely different worlds will now coalesce; become a family, truly and eternally.

Billy reached into the side of his chair and pulled out a little silver wrapped box.

“This is for you.”

Rachel and Rebecca leaned closer as I carefully unwrapped the package and lifted the little wooden box underneath.

I gasped.

“Billy…”

He smiled.

“It was my wife’s”, he said quietly.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.”

It was a leather strand, decorated with feathers and a pattern of tiny gold beads, forming small but complex patterns all around. I examined the single bead strand hanging down. A tiny silver and gold circular charm with a little wolf hung on the bottom.

“I guess this has become my symbol now”, I joked.

“Here, let me put it on for you”, Rachel offered.

She tied the strand around my head, fixing the bead strand in with my hair.

“Perfect”, she said, looking me over once more.

I took her word for it.

Suddenly my dad flew into the room. He was wearing a gray tux similar to Billy’s, though darker, which contrasted with his pale skin flawlessly.

“You’d better get downstairs”, he advised them.

“Break a leg, little sister”, Rebecca called as she exited the room.

“Though that’s an impossibility, for you”, Rachel added with a smile.

I smiled back, watching my soon-to-be new family leave the room.

My father and I stood alone in the room.

I concentrated on my breathing as it started to accelerate along with my heartbeat.

 “You can do this Renesmee”, he whispered.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“Why am I so nervous?”, I asked, mostly to myself.

“It’s perfectly normal to be nervous on your wedding day.”

I struggled to hold back my tears.

“I’m afraid.”

He knew well what I meant by that.

“We all are. But your mother and I are working out a plan. We’re trying to do what’s best for you. Even if it involves…”

There was silence. I looked up at my father. His eyes were dark, frozen.

I put my hand to his neck.

I love you Daddy

I showed him my memory of the first lullaby he had sung to me. It had always helped to calm me down.

He sighed.

“I love you too, my precious Renesmee. It isn’t easy giving you up to the dogs. And after only five and a half years”, he sighed.

I smiled, my eyes wet.

He gently wiped away the tear, and kissed the top of my head.

“We’re starting”, Alice whispered from somewhere downstairs.

We pulled apart. I locked my arm in his.

I hope I’m not annoying you with all my incessant thoughts of today

“Of course not”, he smiled.

The music began. I hardly discerned that we were already at the head of the staircase. I truly felt somewhat human as we took our first steps down.

 

 From down below I could see the guests, turning their heads to look our way.

I tried to smile.

We descended the staircase gracefully, then onto a white carpet rolled out to the altar. I passed by my family, turning my head to smile to Mom.

She smiled back, looking as though she would cry if she could. Grandma Esme and my Aunt Alice shared similar expressions.

Slowly, I turned my head back to center.

 

And my breath left my being.

 

I unceremoniously came to an abrupt stop, forcing my father to patiently stand at my side along with me.

Situated on the huge mahogany piano in the corner, Rosalie promptly made an adjustment to the famous Wedding March, effortlessly blending the notes to a quick finish.

Jacob stared back at me, desire in his widened eyes. His short hair was neatly trimmed and combed, black tux carved to his tall, muscular body. Jake’s warm copper skin shone through the gloom and desperation reflected through the surrounding windows.

He was perfect. He was mine.

I dashed towards Jake, numbly encompassing my arms around his warm chest.

One of the Quileute elders read us our vows. I stared, hypnotized into Jacob’s warm brown eyes. He stared back, eyes burning.

He carefully lifted my left hand and slid the gold band onto my ring finger. He lifted it to his chest. I felt his heart beat against my palm.

We were then asked the ever famous question.

“I do”, Jacob said finally, a little too loudly.

“I do”, I repeated solemnly.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

He repeated this in Quileute, then smiled to us both.

 

Jake lifted me up into his strong arms, and slowly leaned his lips down to mine.

Instantaneously I felt the explosion. My ears rang. My mouth tingled at his touch, his taste. I never wanted to let go.

But reluctantly, we pulled apart and he set me down.

Our audience gave a thunderous applause.

 

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

848 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle