That Rubix Cube

That Rubix Cube

A Story by Danielle
"

A story, envolving a Rubix Cube. For Contest.

"

An early December day, when I was 12, I met Alex. He was 13.

He sat puzzled with a Rubix cube in his hand out side the middle school, muttering to himself.
“What are you doing?” I asked him.
“Trying to finish this cube.” He tossed me the cube for me to examine the two sides he completed.
“Can I try?” I asked politely. He nodded, and I stood a minuet or two to study it.
In 10 minuets, I completed it, not a color out of place.
Alex took the cube in astonishment, looked at it then turned to me.
“You’ve got to be kidding me!” He shouted, throwing the Rubix cube towards the school.
Seconds later, there was a crash, and an alarm rung. We looked at each other, surprised, when Alex grabbed my hand.
“Run!” He shouted. And I followed him.
From then on, we where inseparable. We went everywhere together, always.
But, Alex never figured out the Rubix Cube.
 
Soon, they came out with new types of the game, Like Rubix Revolution. Alex couldn’t even master that, and ended up breaking another window.
 
However, the time college rolled around, I didn’t see Alex much. We talked, exchanged conversations. But to put it mildly, the bond that once held up was broken.
 
The next few months, I didn’t see Alex at all, until the first day of Summer Vacation. By this time, I was 21 and he was 22.
He was going on a trip to Mexico for school, and wanted me to come.
“You’ll have fun, I know you will Katy.” He said. Of course, I believed him.
We went, and when we came back, I was in love with Alex.
We went out on dates, and did other couple stuff, but Alex was always serious.
 
 
After about a year of dating, we went on a trip to New York City.
We stayed at a Hotel on Broadway. It was beautiful there.
One day during our stay, Alex was in the lobby, waiting for me. I had over slept, and was late.
 
I turned to my nightstand, and saw a Rubix Cube that was incompleteIt was the same Rubix Cube Alex threw through the school window. I laughed to myself, and out of habit, I completed it.
When it was done, the cube broke in half…
Next, I was running through the hotel in my pajamas, holding the Rubix Cube in my hands.
I reached Alex, sitting in the Lobby, waiting for me.
“Katy, what’s wrong?” He asked me.
I flung myself onto him, and pressed my lips against his.
“I do!” I told him. He laughed cheerfully, and kissed me again.
 
If you didn’t guess what was inside the Rubix Cube, it was a ring.

© 2008 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a very creative loving short story. I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this...it's so sweet...and the fact that it was the same first Rubix cube was cool...


-Kyari Hasutto, Kairi Siknardonya, Biblio
(Me, Myself and I)

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's the cutest short story ever...
Lovely.

-Sam

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 9, 2008

Author

Danielle
Danielle

Gay Castle, Canada



About
Danielle isn't my real name, It's an alias I use. My age is between 1 to 1000, and my hair color could be anything from brown to magenta (Wouldn't that be kind of Stupid?). I could be 6 feet tall, or .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Danielle