Journey to the Center of the Galaxy

Journey to the Center of the Galaxy

A Story by Daniel Seward
"

Sonya meets many races at the center of the galaxy and learns to have an open mind.

"

              Journey to the Center of the Galaxy


July 5th, 2016


It seems so long ago that I had met the other beings and had travelled up into the night sky.  What a journey.  I could describe to you the events leading up to today, but they would pale in comparison to the fantastic experience I am now having.

You see, we are now located in the star clusters of the center of the galaxy.  Light comes at us from all around, and even though there is no nearby sun, everything is like day.

What are we doing here?  According to the mystical race that guides our ship, we are here to meet other beings from all over the galaxy, and we are supposed to learn from each other how to live together.  This is quite a challenge because, as I discovered coming here, races are very different from each other and have very little in common in culture and beliefs.  Imagine two human races that are extremely different from each other and magnify that difference by a hundred.  That is how divergent beings are that are from different planets with their unique environment, DNA, history and language.

So what are we doing?  Our guides explained that there are groups of us meeting together.  Groups concerning just about anything you can possibly think of, as well as special one-on-one sessions in which we share our thoughts one another.

I just did this this morning.  My guide met me and fastened a crystal headset to the crown of my head.  We then walked to a nearby dwelling made of stone and met Enock, a being from the opposite side of the galaxy from earth.  Enock was humanoid but had manacles that waved disjointedly this way and that on his head.  I don't know how but I could sense his emotions from watching the way they moved.  Anyway, Enock was seated in his dwelling and I sat down across from him.  My guide gently moved our heads together and somehow through my crystal headset I sensed Enock's thoughts.

Enock came from a communal race where everything was ritualized.  The symbolism was utterly fantastic.  He thought with image-like symbols in a story-like fashion.  It was like mythology.

After a long moment of this he communicated to ask about me.  I thought of my family and eating supper at the table, walking our family dog in a nearby park, going to school, working and going out with my friends at night.  Enock pointed out that I had a lot of rituals too--it's just that I did not see it that way because I had never stepped out of my life sufficiently enough to get an objective perspective.

It was then that I learned from Enock what it was I and my companions were doing here.  Apparently, we are supposed to be exposed to numerous other worldviews with the goal of having our minds opened and becoming more compatible and less judgmental towards other races.  It almost goes without saying but the big deal here is that being too ridged in our thinking can get in the way of race relations.   

After sharing my thoughts with Enock for about an hour, I asked my guide to take me to even more unique beings.  I had found that opening my mind was like taking an addictive drug--I could not get enough of it.  I spent the next few hours meeting beings from a wide spectrum of worldviews.  I was exposed to elaborate sciences that were much more abstract and theoretical than our earth sciences.  I encountered fantastic religions.  I met a water being who taught me how to train other water beings by incrementally rewarding them when they behave close to the target behavior--he even convinced me that the trainees like this as it gives them a sense of purpose.

I learned what it was like to live in a colony of insect-like creatures living in an elaborate Dura steel hive in space.  And I experienced growing up in a mountain jungle, hunting monkey-like creatures and tattooing my exploits on my torso.

It was all so utterly fantastic and amazing!

Now we are leaving.  I have to go back to earth and return to college, and I'm afraid it is going to be a big letdown.

Still, I would not trade this experience for anything.


One question keeps haunting me, though: Why was I picked to go to the center of the galaxy and learn from all these beings?  What was I supposed to do with this knowledge?

The only answer I can think of is that I am destined to play a role in the future, when us humans formally meet these other races.  I will somehow have to find a way of helping our race keep an open mind.  The task is daunting and to be frank, I'm not sure I am up to it.

In the meantime, though, I am going to do everything in my power to foster acceptance among my fellow man.

My last parting words for those who read this are: Reality is much more fantastic than we can possibly imagine.


Keep an open mind,

Yours,

Sonya Peterson

© 2017 Daniel Seward


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 11, 2017
Tags: open mindedness, culture, aliens, acceptance

Author

Daniel Seward
Daniel Seward

Grand Rapids, MN



About
I like nature, running, classical music, and I read everything. I have been writing a variety of genres over the years and was hoping I could get reviewed/read by interested parties. Most of my stuf.. more..

Writing