The Race that Never Was

The Race that Never Was

A Story by DarkCrono15
"

I participated in a "create your race" forum and had a lot of fun making one known as the Sagile...Here is the story of the Race that Never Was! Written for entertainment and kicks, that's about it...

"
THE SAGILE

The Sagile is an ancient tribe of wise beings that do their best to watch over the universe and help in any cosmic matters that they deem important enough to get involved with.  Here's some defining characteristics of the Sagile.

1) They age backwards.  When they hatch, (yes, they come from large eggs that hold the life energy of their parents) they appear as elderly Sagites.  As the years go on, they become younger.  The average Sagite lives for 1000 years.  As they near the equivalence of a toddler stage of life, the Sagile must choose whether they were participate in The Rite.  Which leads us to number 2...

2) The Rite:  The Sagile don't die, they just fade from existence.  Before they fade, two mates have the ability to use a large portion of their combined life energy to create offspring eggs.  By doing this not only do they bring new life into the world, but they transfer as much knowledge, memories, and life experience to their "children" as they desire.  The new generation of Sagile is born with as much knowledge and wisdom as the previous generation desired for them to have.  It is common for Sagile to pass on their wisdom, which explains while these are these are often consider the wisest of all beings.  There are a few of this race that choose to let their wisdom die when they do....Those guys are simply referred to as Jerks. 

3)  Appearance: The Sagile are small blue people often with white hair, and very little of it.  They don't have belly buttons and communicate with each other through a melodic sound wave (often compared to man's myths of the sound of sirens) or to others through telepathy.  Sagile telepathy does not work the same as what most would expect.  They cannot converse through telepathy, but can only send emotions.  Love, Danger, Fear, Happiness, Sadness, Acceptance...these are often messages that the Sagile will send to visiting races.

4) Personality:  The Sagile usually are a warm and pleasant people, typically interested in sharing their wisdom to make the universe a better place.  They are reserved and must feel very comfortable with a race before passing any knowledge, as there are many accounts in Sagile history of important information given to the wrong race which would result in war and destruction.  Not all Sagile are pleasant and warm, some are depressed and gloomy.  Their negative personality is a result of a long history of knowledge being passed down of the frailties of mankind.  An overexposure to man's shortcomings will sometimes cause a Sagite to lose faith in humanity and become what is called a Bum.  It is not uncommon for Bum who desires  for their offspring to have better existence then themselves to not participate in the Rite.

5) Differences between male and female:  Many other races find it VERY confusing to distinguish a male and female Sagile from each other because their only distinguishable difference is the frequency of sound wave their communication creates.  This is noticeable for Sagiles, but not so much for anyone else.  Be careful when hitting on a Sagile because you may not be speaking with the preferred gender!

6) Eating Habits:  Most Sagile gain their nutrients through the environment through a process similar to photosynthesis.  Instead of absorbing sunlight, they feed off of energy that humanity creates through existence.  The Sagile call this energy the Pulsa and it is the life force that sustains their race.

There is a very different alternative to gain nutrition for the Sagile...

Those that choose to absorb the life energy from offspring eggs can not only grow stronger in nutrients but steal the knowledge, wisdom, and life force from the upcoming offspring as well.  A Sagite that feeds off of offspring eggs is called a Desacrator and these people are among the most hated and feared in the Sagile race.

There has only been one known Desacrator named Sha-Giel.  Sha-Giel hid from his people during the millennial hatch (that is when the Sagile participate in the Rite).  It was in this year that all the Sagile, save Sha-Giel, desired to pass their knowledge on to the next generation.  Once the eggs were created, Sha-Giel arose from the shadows and absorbed all the nutrients, wisdom, and knowledge of the Sagile race.  He then was overcome with the despair of human error and frailty, became a bum, and decided to not participate in the rite.  When Sha-Giel faded from existence, so did the Shagile.

And that is the tale of the race, that never was =)

© 2012 DarkCrono15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012

Author

DarkCrono15
DarkCrono15

KY



About
My name is Andrew and I love to write stories, especially ones that are classified as adventure, fantasy, or science fiction. Ironically I am not much of a reader, and most my story influences come f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by DarkCrono15