a mystery of the simplest form

a mystery of the simplest form

A Poem by Darkness Eternal

if there was hope for the future,

if we all knew what tomorrow held,

if we knew the anwser to a mystery of the simplest form,

what would we do today?

 

if we all knew we wouldnt be caught, what crimes would we commit?

if we all knew we would be praised, what good would we do?

if we all knew we would die tomorrow, what would we strive to achive today?

if we knew the anwser to a mystery of the simplest form, what would we do?

 

if we all knew the sun would never rise again, would we bask in its glow?

if we all knew that life was going to end tonight, would we remain at war?

if we all knew that we were never going to get another chance, would we love even more?

if we knew the anwser to a mystery of the simplest form, what would we do?

 

if i knew the world would end tonight, would i strive to be closer to those i love?

if i knew my life was going to change and i couldnt go back, would i be as eager to move forward?

if i knew that i was going to lose everything, would i move on?

if we knew the anwser to a mystery of the simplest form, what would we do?

 

if we could see the tomorrow, would we like what we saw here?

if we could see the tomorrow, would we embrace it or try to change it?

if we could see the tomorrow, would we embrace freedom, or be prisoners of fate?

if we knew the anwser to the mystery of a simplest form, what choices would we have?

 

if we knew what the future held,

what chocies could we make?

if we knew the anwser to a mystery of the simplest form,

what would we do today?

© 2009 Darkness Eternal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A-truly remarkable poem
M-ost wonderful writing I've read
A-true work of art in the head, you may say.
Z-ips through your head and tells you how great it is.
I-ncredible
N-nicely done, nicely written
G-reat work!

If you looked at every first letter of the sentences, you'll see what I meant by those 7 sentences!
A-M-A-Z-I-N0G

Posted 14 Years Ago


Gorgeous.
Amazing.
Incredible.
Awesome.
OMG.
This is a piece I am surely not going to forget about in a long, long time. Imprints in the mind forever more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am awestruck. This is penetrating and sublime. The courage and character to do the right thing anyway. Not many of us get the chance to be tested and to realize what our actual answer would be. Pure poetry in form and thought, plus so much more. :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 21, 2009

Author

Darkness Eternal
Darkness Eternal

About
Writing is an escape. It is the key to a new word, a new beginning. It is an art, as carefully toned as any other. I believe this strongly, for writing is my escape from the monotony of the everyday w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..