Faded Scars

Faded Scars

A Poem by Reaper

Take one last breath, before my collapse. An avenger into the dark gloomy night. Dark soul in a lonely abyss. A dark soul searching for light. Only dark and rotten at night. In my mind, ideas collide with memories. Something is dead inside. Gone. I’m weak, out of control. Unable to help myself up. I get back on nothing, always on the edge of a blank existence. I don’t know where I belong. I’ll take the high road, you pick a side. In tangle we became in fighting and despair. This is the last day I’ll go unnoticed. People choose to twist my words or ideas. Who has the right? To question my decisions I scream back, F**K THAT. Stand with me or turn your back. I felt like a monster, though committed no unholy act. Just bad seeds, planted deep inside where a heart should rest. Don’t follow what I have done. Don’t follow with blind righteous fury. Just don’t. let me escape in a lifeless wonderland. The transformation was done falling off the edge from above. One last step because a man was ended. I slip on a mask to disguise my fall. I start to pull it down, ending all of my inside insanity, but your hand caught mine. Demise and destiny replaced with rebirth and raw faith. A faith not in some higher power, faith in her. The keeper of the light. She holds back the demons. I told her I was hurt, a bleeding dying soul. She healed my open, salted or closed over wounds. I told her I was lost. She headed me on a path. A path which twisted and turned straight back to her. She buried my cross to bare. She should have left, ran. Like the rest, but she stood strong. Stubborn. Difficult. Unmovable. But deep down I never wanted her to leave. She saw what’s inside, the good, the bad, the evil but she loved all of it, love that was so selfless. She never left. Washed the pain away, install any defensive walls. We are young, stupid but madly in love. We will make mistakes, but we have each other forever, till forever fades into forever. All that time will past and I will never stop loving her.

© 2012 Reaper


Author's Note

Reaper
for my madeline. I wouldnt be here without her.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You were never a monster, just hurting like the rest of us.

You saved me and i love you so much. :)

Your words are beautiful and loving and sweet and mean every bit of the world to me. You'd be here, but I would never be here without you. I'll always love all of you and need all of you and want to be with all of you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Reaper

11 Years Ago

i love you so much. thank you for always being there for me



Reviews

This is f*****g amazing!.............

Posted 10 Years Ago


great work

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great work! I enjoyed till the last word. I loved the details and expressions!

Posted 11 Years Ago


incredible imagery! I love the words that you use it helps create the tone that you are using.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dude Reaper,awesome write. So many lines here that I can relate too. The first half of your poem I totally relate too. I don't know if you've read my poems UNLEASHED and YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT TO ME. Reminds me of the first half of this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this was such raw emotion that cannot be held back, I really like this, just writing down completely what your thinking. This was sweet, but honest, too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You know...you love your dark side...but your a sweetie too ! I think you would survive without Madeline...but I am glad to see you have such a friend in your life..write on Reaper write on...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Truly a beautiful write. I don't know what else to say besides that. Beautiful. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now that was a clenching story. Do you know what I heard while I was reading this.. A few violin players...each has a set score inside this story...the one of strength..the one of pain...the one of overall love. Each one seeps in and bleeds out through each line..every word choice. The first two battle it out..by the ending only the third player of overall love can surface and triumph till the very last line. The other two softly fade as would a scar...to fade into the almost invisible. Part of us...but not what makes us..nor what rules us...BRAVO and BRILLIANT!!
D. you are such a deep soul and we are all much richer for having read your works both in Wonderland and now as you have left Alice behind. Thumbs up to your girl :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

827 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012

Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper