Zombie Bite

Zombie Bite

A Chapter by Reaper

Derek and Reaper quietly pack up packs filled with guns, ammo and food. It’s there only way to survive if they have another ammo and strength. Both are headed separate, but nearly equal dangerous locations.


Reaper starts to leave as Derek is still packing by the cart.


Reaper faces Derek.


“Hey.” Reaper shyly says.


Derek angrily turns around, “what?!”


Reaper quickly raises his hand and fires his gun, hitting Derek’s shoulder. The bullet pushes through his flesh, muscle and blood then exits it all and lands in the cart. Derek’s body falls back against the cart. As blood pours out onto the cart.


“That’s what.” Reaper spits at Derek then runs off to go collect his prize.


Derek’s body gives out and he falls on his a*s. He sits there holding his shoulder, trying to stop the blood from oozing out.


I have to get up and go. She needs me.. they both need me.


Derek struggles but gets to his feet. The pain that shoots throughout his body is almost unbearable but he fights it.


Derek looks around the cart and finds odds and ends of cloths that he uses to soar up the blood and make sure he stops bleeding.


Derek takes this time to eat some scraps of food he found in the cart. Just pieces of bread and fruit. Mainly there the food is here because they didn’t want their prisoners to die before they were eaten or tortured them. Sometimes even turning

them into vampires or zombie, depending on their built.


Those zombie bites. They were a powerful tool. It converted pure people into unholy beasts. They are now enemies because they are mindless, soulless, unholy slaves of evil.


Derek always feared a bite would be his end. Obviously a fear he picked up when he saw his love of his life bitten by one. He rather bleed out going to save Alice then get turned into a soulless slave controlled by Maddy.


No. She’s not Maddy anymore. It’s not Maddy anymore. Derek knows he needs to realize that if he ever wants to survive this.


Derek starts on his journey, tired and alone. It’s been a few days without sleep and it has taken its toll.


He drags himself along the dirt road that he knew lead back to the White Queen’s headquarters. He was preparing himself to have to fight his way in and out. He just needed to make sure Alice was safe.


Derek walks through a forest that used to stand tall but not was flatten like a giant hand smashed down all the trees. It was stunning sight to see. How could all of these trees just fall down at the same time? Every single tree laid flat.


Derek gets through it then rests at the end of it. He knows he is really close to the place and he needs to conserve some energy. He sits down at on a smashed tree. He redresses his wounds. The bleeding never really stopped but the pain was fading.


He enjoys some of the food he saved. Leaving a little left so he and Alice would have some for the journey to get Eve.


Derek sits there and thinks. First about his life. Second about what happened to him over the last years. And third, about Alice. He had strong feelings for her. And he felt dread he never was able to tell her how he truly felt. Life is too short to have these regrets.


Next Derek thinks about all the unholy things out there. He remembers every kill so vividly. And everything that got away. A lot of them escaped to kill again. They were all killers of men, women, and children. Some did it for sport, some for food, or some just because they were evil. Derek believed there were probably unholy things out there that were good but he rarely met.


Rarely because he did know of hives of vampires that ate off the dead and caves of werewolves that chained themselves up. He knew where they were but didn’t bother them because it wasn’t worth dying over, especially because they weren’t out to hurt him.


Though some days, he just wished he could kill them all.


These creatures had the upper hand. Most of the time it was pitch black out or dusk out. The sun was even to scared to be in this world. Plus three nights of full moons allowed the wolves to room free. Humans only advantage was ability to know their weakness. If you had the right tools, you could kill anything.


He gets off the fallen tree and marches on.


He gets to a road and hears something coming at him. It’s a carriage.


Derek hides behind some rocks. He can’t afford to use his energy in fighting in an unneeded battle.


He waits for the carriage to go back then he takes off towards the compound.


He cuts through a shallow river as the dusk light hits the blood tainted water. He goes in the side entrance of the place where he thinks there will be fewer zombies.


From where he is, he can already see the destruction of the place. Fires burning in every building. The smoke fills the sky, making the place have a black cloud of doom over it.


As he gets closer, he doesn’t see any zombies. That worries him deeply. He knew that both armies were strong but the white queen’s army was far weaker. They couldn’t have held off the attack. Or could they…


Derek walks through the compound. Piles of rotten corpses filled the streets. Both sides of the fight were trashed and scattered all over. Blood, ooze, and parts of body were everywhere you looked.


Derek gets to the main building. He gets inside the building easily because the heavy doors are off their hinges. Bodies of the royal guard is spread all over the blood strained carpets.


Derek searches for any sign of Alice. But he finds nothing. Derek sits on the throne. Thinking.


F**K!


The carriage. She could have been in the carriage. Derek runs out of the building in pursuit of what is hopefully is Alice.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice character building chapter, the more I see in Derek’s head the more I like him. There is not evil in him.
Sentence picking time ‘Mainly there the food is here because they didn’t want their prisoners to die before they were eaten or tortured them.’ The (there) is tripping me up. It makes more sense to me without it.
I have a feeling this might be the calm before the sh*t hits the fan. Yes I know another cliché.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent chapter .. a good read :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good chapter. Again need to smooth it out. Check your words to make sure they are the right ones. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love reading both sides of the story, you keep both of them interesting. That is one way to make or break a book. Confused as to why Reaper would do that but hes evil so he has his reason I guess.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now why did Reaper have to go and do that?? I liked his character...now I hope he/it bites the bullet but good...I wondered what could've been in that carriage too..hope he finds Alice ...Eve is gonna be in some serious trouble if Oracal can't protect her though...untrust worthy sod, I really liked that character...lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was yet again great, I am excited and very suspenseful. I like it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice character building chapter, the more I see in Derek’s head the more I like him. There is not evil in him.
Sentence picking time ‘Mainly there the food is here because they didn’t want their prisoners to die before they were eaten or tortured them.’ The (there) is tripping me up. It makes more sense to me without it.
I have a feeling this might be the calm before the sh*t hits the fan. Yes I know another cliché.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the way you fill us in on the details between dialogues.
great use of italics for ...thinking lines.
Could use other words instead of keep saying Dereck...like ...he..?
Enjoyed him trying to accept it isnt Maddy anymore.
Imaginative description of flattened forest.
HIVES of vampires, and CAVES of Werewolves...excellent.
Great travel journal from rocks, to compound and on through the river. Oh you realy do write extremely well!
Full of action with a super expletive to end an already super chapter.
Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the description. Making each situation important. A chapter with a good pace and a open ending for the next chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool and realistic suspense bro.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1087 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..