Running Away from the Shock of my system

Running Away from the Shock of my system

A Chapter by Reaper

Derek rolls over to his back as the blazing late afternoon sun blinds him. He struggles to get up but he does. Then he tries to regain his balance on his real, non-pawed, feet. He looks down at his naked blood stained body.


Is this my life now? Waking up with others blood on me with a meal of human heart in my stomach.


Derek thinks back to the night before when he did the unthinkable.


Derek is in the cave when he asks for help. The cave is home of a family of werewolves that he met a few months before on scouting mission. Derek saved their little boy from a pack of zombies. Since then the Wildborn family was in his debt. Now it was time to cash that in.


This night Derek walks in there cave wanting to lose his soul for the ones he loves.


The den mother walks up towards him in the cover of the darkness of the cave.


“Derek? Why are you here?” She says. She knows his scent. Her voice is soft but in way she probably was a singer at one point.


“Helena, I need you to turn me.” Derek says to the dark, not sure where she is.


“Are you sure? Why?” Helena says as she touches his shoulder in an almost human comforting way though she was never human.


“Yes I’m sure. I need to be stronger to get the people I love out of trouble.”


Helena looks at the dark outline of Derek; her heart does know love so she understands why he must, “fine, come.”


Helena being a pure breed werewolf, it gave her the ability to control herself when she turned.  Helena leads Derek to the moonlight in the cave. Helena growls as her body transforms into a brown beast.


The very next moment, the beast strikes Derek in the chest. Derek blacks out for it and all the pain he already endured. Then Helena carries his body to the cave opening. She cuts his shirt with her claws so people won’t know it was a wolf mark.


Derek’s body lays there not turning because he isn’t conscience but healing because of his new infection.


“Go forth and destroy them all.” Helena’s deep beast like voice says.


 

Back to the present.


Derek walks to the stream and cleans himself off. Derek now at full strength, no more pain or hunger leaves to find cloths. He runs about a mile from the castle and finds an old blue car.


He searches inside and finds a black shirt, acid wash blue jeans and some white shoes. He dresses himself and sees the final piece to his outfit, a hat. An old blank black baseball cap. He puts it on and smiles. He always loved hats.


Derek circles back to where the horse was. It looks at him. Derek found some berries on his way there and he feeds them to it.


“Eat up. You have to carry two people out of here tonight.”

 



Back at the castle in the tower.


Alice paces back and forth in front of the door. After a few hours of pounding on the door the night and her hands being raw from it. Then she finally got a few hours of sleep but it was restless sleep, every sound made her jump up and try to defend her life.


Alice’s hands go through her soft and long blonde hair. So many thoughts in her brain. But the main one, where the f**k was Derek and if he was alive?

 



Downstairs in the Castle.


Eve finds a knife. She jams it into the door and struggles to open it. After a long

moment, there is a click and the door unlocks. She pushes it open to see no guards.


She makes sure then starts up the stairs. She stops at the ground level when she hears her mother talking.


She eavesdrops.


“I have called reinforcements for the wolves.” Maddy takes to her group of guards which include Reaper and the two vampires.


Reaper speaks up, “our deal is done, and I must leave.”


Maddy looks at him angrily, “Who said you could leave?”


“Look, I’m not even a good fighter. Why don’t I take the girl and protect her till you kill them?” Reaper knows the wolves are just one wolf, Derek, but he hasn’t told anyone. Mainly knowing this is his chance of taking all the power.


“No. She will be safe down there.” Maddy points at a guard “Go get Alice. I want to use her as bait for the wolf.”


Reaper walks towards the stairs of the tower, Eve drives to an hiding place. Reaper passes her no noticing her. He walks up the dusty stairs to Alice’s room. He bust in the room and harshly grabs her arm.


“Go get Derek. He should be outside.”


“What?” Alice is shocked at the whole chain of events, “Really?”


“Yes he is.” Reaper starts to lead her down the stairs, “get him fast before the moon comes.”


“Because of the wolves?” Alice curiously says.


“In a way.” Reaper leads her through the conference room passing all the watchful eyes. “Just go.” Reaper throws her outside.


Alice stumbles to her own balance and starts to walk in the courtyard. The dusk sky hits her hazel eyes. She wanders around a bit outside till she sees a dark shadow of a figure watching towards her.


The dark outline becomes clear. There is a well-dressed Derek with a sword resting on his shoulder.


Alice runs to him and they embrace for a hug. She looks up at his face and kisses him gently on the lips.


Against his lips she whispers, “I love you.”


He replies back, “I know, I love you too.” As deepens the kiss.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of action in here. Very interesting to read. Excellent chapter :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very nice cure. The storyline is getting better with each chapter. I like how Derek was assisted. No weakness in this excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Again nice chapter. Would be even better when you spend the time edditting it. Moving on.. yes I intend to finish this tonight. Trusting that you will read mine all the way through. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


More questions are answered and it really pulls the story together.
Nit-pick time, ‘Alice stumbles to her own balance and starts to walk in the courtyard. The dusk sky hits her hazel eyes. She wanders around a bit outside till she sees a dark shadow of a figure watching towards her.’ The watching is throwing me off. Maybe try waking or advancing.
Ok I’m a romantic fan but Alice is tough and holds nothing back speaking her mind. I could see here saying, ‘Alice runs to him and they embrace for a hug. She looks up at his face and kisses him gently on the lips. Against his lips she whispers, “I love you…and where the hell have you been.” He replies back within a muffled chuckle, “I know, I love you too.”’ Their deep hidden passion was released in the next kiss.
Now that’s Alice. What do you think?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job! It reads like a rip-roaring adventure, but there is subltety and depth to your characters and their interactions. Nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ending

Posted 12 Years Ago


great paragraph where Derek is in the cave. It reminded me of Jungle book. This is a much more connected and professional chapter, the several scene changes work well together. Very enjoyable. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So that's what happened. So now I wonder just how evil Reaper is

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwwhh the ending was adorable. but I also like in the beginning when Derek questions is life and junk because he is a werewolf. I am so loving this keep writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2002 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..