Wonderland

Wonderland

A Chapter by Reaper

Alice and Derek walks inside the castle. The armies of zombies moan but don’t attack. The loud moans signal to the inside royalty that their honored guests have arrived.


Maddy comes out followed by Reaper and her two personal vampire guards.


Derek and Alice stand their ground, holding hands.


Maddy smiles at them, “oh what a lovely couple.”


Just then Eve runs from the door and passes the group in front of it. She runs right into Derek’s arms.


“Daddy!”


Derek looks down at his nearly full grown daughter, “hello Eve” He kisses the top of her head, “you are so grown and beautiful.”


Eve looks up at her father and smiles.


“I love you daddy.”


“I love you too.”


Maddy claps at the moment, “What a family reunion. The father, mother, and daughter all together, added with, “Points at Alice, “and the harlot.”


Derek guides Eve to stand next to him, “About that. I want to make a deal.”


Eve and Alice look at him shocked.


“What’s the deal sweetheart?” Maddy smiles at Derek.


“Everyone lives and we rise Eve till she sixteen then you can get her.”


Eve looks at him, “Daddy? Why?”


Derek looks at her, “please trust me on this.”


Maddy looks at Derek, trying to size him up, “deal but you still deserve some pain.”


Maddy grabs the gun out of Reaper’s hands and shoots it.


Reaper yells out, “No, don’t!”


The bullet screams towards Derek’s side of the chest. It’s near to making contact but hits the back of Alice’s shoulder as she gives in front of him.


Derek catches her in his arms. Alice groans in pain.


Derek lifts her to her feet.


Alice yells out, “F**k.”


Derek looks at the wound, “it went through. Are you okay?”


“Yeah,” she holds it, “thank god it was a flesh wound.”


“Yeah,” Derek slides his hand to his upper chest, hiding where the bullet landed in him.


Maddy looks at them, “Damn. Oh well. Fine. You both can survive and rise her. But I swear Derek if you try anything, I will kill the both of you.”


Derek kisses Alice on the cheek and pats Eve’s head.


“I love you both as much.”


Derek looks up at the sky as the clouds barely are covering the moon. He needs a few more minutes.


“Maddy we need to talk in private.”


Maddy looks at him strangely but nods, “guards search him.”


The guards search him and find nothing. They nod for Maddy so she knows he is safe.


Maddy walks up to him, “what do you want sweetheart?”


Derek mumbles, “You.”


Maddy gets closer, “you want me?” She smiles.


Derek reaches his arms out, and Maddy goes in for a hug.


Maddy looks at him, “I knew you couldn’t resist me.”


Eve looks at them, part sick, and part happy.


Derek looks at Maddy in his arms, “Now,” he yells out.


Alice throws him her sword. Derek catches it and puts it up to her throat.


Maddy struggles to get loose.


Alice stands there and grabs Eve’s hand.


Derek yells out, “You all stay back.”


Maddy trying to get loose, “you can’t get out of here alive. If you kill me every zombie here will go after you.”


Derek closes his eyes and thinks about the barren road that got him here. A smile hits his face as he thinks about old Maddy, Eve, and Alice. His loves.


“I know.”


The clouds are starting to disappear.


“Alice, you get Eve out of here. Now!”


“But Derek.” Alice yells out as tears run down her face.


Eve cries out, “Please don’t”


“I have too. I love you both.”


Alice starts towards Derek, “Please.”


Derek yells back, “I’m dead either way. You know the attack here last night. That was me.”


Alice gets confused, “But it was werewolves.”


“Yes, me. I let one bite me last night so I could save us.”


Eve starts to cry hard as Alice tries to hold back the flood waiting to explode out.


“Alice, get her out of here. The moon is rising. GO!”


Alice starts to pull Eve to the entrance.


“Don’t look at us, Eve.” Derek yells out.


Alice pulls over Eve’s hood and pulls her kicking and screaming out of the castle.


“DADDY!!!...” Eve screams.


Alice practically is carrying her away. As they both are crying.


The two girls hear two last words from Derek, “I’m sorry.”


Alice and Eve on their way out when Derek does it.


Derek pushes Maddy in front of him and swings his sword at her throat.


He softly says, “bye my love.”


Maddy’s head rolls alone on the ground as the zombie hordes turn their attention to Derek.


Alice looks over Eve’s shoulders and sees the horde coming. Derek turns to face her and throws the sword at the rope holding up the steel fenced gate.

The rope snaps and the gate comes crashing down.


The moonlight highlights the wreck of a gate that seals Derek’s fate.


Derek turns to face the onset attack. The moonlight hits its now crimson red eyes.

The beast transformation begins. The thick white fur grows in and it releases a howl.


Alice pulls Eve away but for a moment through her red hood, she sees the beast at its full strength.


The beast knocks down waves and waves of zombies. The beast jumps up and gets in the middle of the two vampires.


The beast swings both arms forward and it’s claws cleanly decapitating both of the vampires. The only way to kill them.


The zombies jump on the beast and knocking it to the ground. It howls in pain at every zombie bite. But the beast fights with all this energy.


But the noise stops.


And the moonlight fades to the start of dawn.

 

 


Deep outside of the castle far from the howls.


Alice and Eve ride Derek’s horse. Looking for a place to go.

 



At the castle.


A dark figure drags Derek’s body out of the castle.

 



On the road.


Alice and Eve stop for a break. Both are silent but Alice thinks…


Welcome to Wonderland, our living Hell met with a greater plan. I will keep her safe, Derek, don't you worry my love.



© 2012 Reaper


Author's Note

Reaper
Last chapter. Message me if you have questions or read my author notes. Catch Alice and Eve in the sequel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good ending to a very good story. You kept my attention. I'm a fan of myth and old story. You had both in this tale. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am glad this will be a series. I look foward to it. What a story and I really enjoyed it.. I also think it could be a best seller after you clean it up and have it eddited.know I have to wait to see if you return the favor.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a great ending. This chapter kick a*s, literally. I loved the family reunion and fast paced action. You wined it down to a great hook into the next story.
Good Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This book was amazing and I can't wait to read the sequel. I hope there's stereotypical some twist where Derek made it out alive...c'x lol but amazing book :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay time for the sequal..... im so excited I can hardly wait

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
I cant wait for the sequel this is such a great book!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


can't wait for the sequel :O
Sad that this book is over tho :(

Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay really? I actually cried to this chapter. It is absolutely amazing there is no doubt. I am glad that Eve and Alice got away because of Dereks love for them. It is great I loved it :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think I am going to cry.... You just like to make me get all emotional, dont you?
I love Alice, Derek and Eve it is a beautiful book.

I love the book and can't wait for the next one. You are a very talented writer :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, that"s really tha last chapter. Well, at lest Alice and Eve are all right. And maybe Derek isn't really dead.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

750 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..