Pretty in Red and in the Moonlight

Pretty in Red and in the Moonlight

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter One: Pretty in Red and in the Moonlight

        Endless days of night. Ever since the candles were blown out a few days ago. Those days were so precious but yet now just memories in the minds of the whole human race. Now each day the light lasts for a few hours at best. But every day was coupled something way worst, a long night of full moon never wanting to leave the skyline and like clockwork returned every night.


          The fields hold unlimited feet of the whitest snow.  This whole area is a wasteland of snow. Almost all of it untouched during the days. In between all of this snow is extremely tall green pine trees.


          One field in particular was the site of much action lately. This snowy field was the main barrier and travel grounds between the towns of Alexandria and Arbor. Each two filled with the seemingly last hopes of humanity.


          At this moment in time, a covered up person is walking back from the town of Arbor to go back to home in Alexandria. The person just pushes their way through the snow with a little difficult. The person’s red cloak flies up a bit at the slight breeze of the dusk wind.


          The red cloaked figure starts up its pace because it knows it may not back in back to safe walls of town of Alexandria which was lead the passionate leader of Granny Claire. The figure runs and runs, desperately trying to make it to Granny’s house for safety.


Silver ninja stars hit a tree on the outside of the town. The tree is scarred from months being target practice. The black figure uses its force to really sink the stars in its target.


The grey clouds disappear and all hell is about to be set loose when the full moonlight fills the land with its light and power.


Both figures in separate but near location hear the most dreaded sound in their lives. A howl.


The mighty howl rings out, followed lower stronger one. It’s hunting time for the wolves.


The red cloaked figure runs almost near the town. The figure knows it could make it, well maybe.


Suddenly there is crash in front of the red cloaked figure. Standing there in power stance is horribly drooling creature of the night. The creature with all its wolf might howls straight into the figure’ face.


If that wasn’t bad enough, a crash behind is heard and when the figure turns to look there is dark brown werewolf already bloody from an earlier meal.


The red cloaked figure goes to pull its knife but doesn’t want to move or attack. It is frozen in the fear of death. The second beast howls in the figure’s face as the smell of dead lamb hits the figure’s nose.


The black cloak figure hears the closer howl from the field and takes off towards it. Fearing it may be too late. The cloak flies up at the speed of the figure running as blonde locks of hair get catch up in the wind.


A shiny silver ninja star hits the beast in the throat as the black cloak figured comes out the cover of the green forest. The figure speeds up and draws the samurai sword from the strap on her back.


The figure jumps and stabs the doggish beast of a wolf in the face. It’s blood sprays all over the untouched white snow. The figure grips the black ivory handle and plunges the sword deep into the beast’s chest.


It howls out in pain. As the second beast ignore the red figure and starts its attack on the back of the black figure. The black turns in time to dodge but fails to pull its weapon from the other wolf.


The giant grey wolf with terrible yellow eyes stares down the black figure. It’s thick and ugly red tongue lick its lips knowing it has an easy meal.


But the beast can’t move. As the red figure twist and turns its fingers in direction of the beast.


The force of the movement of the red figure’s movement’s start to pain the beast as it howl out in utter pain.


The red figure violently moves its fingers and hands till it slams its hands together.


The beast falls to the floor as the slam as completely smash its heart killing the beast once and for all.


The red figure throws off its hood allowing its semi long black as night hair out. The figure looks over at the black cloaked figure with its crimson red eyes and speaks.


“Did I do good Alice?”



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well my friend I'm so far behind but I did finally made it here.
I love the slow reveal of our stars. The girls are back and there's going to be trouble.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the opening paragraph. Excellent use of words!! It's a great chapter :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Imagination is awesome and word use for expressing them is simply outstanding!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
An excellent beginning, with terrific imagry and poetic language. A little more setting the scene, would arguably add to the picture, but that comes down to personal preference. It works fine as it is. Action snappy and timed well. Great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good beginning and good choice of fonts. Story carries the reader through right to the end of the chapter. Unique style and choice of vocab. don't stop writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great beginning! =D I adore it.. i shall continue reading!!
Very descriptive.. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really liked this start. I love Alice in Wonderland and this sort of reminded me of it. I would make the chapters longer though but this one is a good length for what you wanted to do with it. I would make the others longer though :) great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you formatted the whole thing. My apologies for not reading this sooner. I had many more reviews to finish, and I finally got to read this one. :) Anyways, I like how you ended it with this mysterious kind of cliff hanger :). My reviews might come in slow, but I'll keep this book tucked under my arm. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is powerful story. It started strong the story got stronger. I like the description of location and the characters. The ending was very good. No weakness in the amazing opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

895 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2012
Last Updated on March 20, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..