City of Evil

City of Evil

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Two: City of Evil


“You did well but you shouldn’t be out here. You know the town rules.” Alice says in a motherly tone.


“I know, I know but did you see that? I killed it in a minute this time. And this time I just crushed its heart with my mind” Eve smiles and does a little happy dance.


“Yeah, it was impressive. But you know you shouldn’t use those powers too much. We still don’t what they do or if they harm you if you use them.”


“I know Alice. But it’s been a week. We will only know more if we don’t push the limits of them. We don’t know if they will get strong or easier to use the more I use them. Plus it seemed like you need me out there.” Eve smiles at Alice and grabs her hand. “Can we go hunting soon?”


Alice looks at her, “maybe. And thank you for helping me out.” Alice fakes a smile at her even though she is still worried.


The two walk towards the town. Using the bright moonlight as their guide. The gate keeper sees them and opens the gate. A guard inside of them quickly searches their arms and neck for scratches and bites. There are none so he allows them to go on. The two walk in and head to their house.


Most of the rest of the village is hidden inside their homes. The village was used to wolf attacks. Even before the extended moonlight. Families of werewolves surround this village and in Arbor.


The werewolves did save them in a way. No zombies, demons or vampires ever got close to this place.


The village itself was just like an old timey small town from the past. All wooden houses but had adds of wooden spikes with silver tips on the roof to prevent attacks. The whole village had about thirty houses in it with about fifty people in the village in total. Arbor was the bigger village and had fifty houses with seventy people. It was sad that there was only like 120 people left in this world.


Alice and Eve escaped here about nine months ago. It was hard to convince people that they were good and were to be trusted but eventually they did. Before that, they had been moving from place to place. Never saying in one place because it was never safe.


Zombies were a thing of the past. Most of them were either dead or probably still trapped in Maddy’s castle. They were rarely seen after that. 


Vampires and Demons battle in the meantime but nothing was ever gained. But now with Eve being sixteen and the full moon coming every night, it was the time of the werewolves. Their attacks grew bold and more often.


But Alice and Eve loved their new home. It protected them and no one knew the freaks they were.


Alice walks into the house and points for Eve to wash up. Alice pulls out some berries and fruits. These last three months here as made Alice feel like she was starting a family.


Eve washes up and looks into the mirror. She hates herself. She changed her hair to black purely because she couldn’t stand being the daughter of an evil person who turned her into this freak. She looks down her arms now filled with a year worth of cuts she has hide from Alice.


Why can’t I be normal?


          Eve slides the blade across her left wrist. The cold wet blood escapes her wrist and for a moment there she feels happier. A smile crosses her face.


Alice knocks on the bathroom door.


“Dinner is ready Eve.”


Eve drops the knife, “Hmm one second, I’ll be there.”


“Okay sweetie.” Alice smiles and heads to the kitchen.


Eve cleans up her newly formed wound then puts a bandage around it, and rushes outside for dinner.


Eve takes a seat and shyly looks at Alice.


“So… I was wondering if I could go outside of the villages.”


Alice looks at her, “why? You know it’s not safe out there.”


“I don’t know why. I just want to see new things; I’m bored with this place. It sucks.”


“Eve. No. You can’t go out there. It’s not safe at all.”


“I hate this place and I can do whatever I want. You aren’t my mother.” Eve storms out of the kitchen and into her room where she slams the door.


Alice sits there and thinks, I really wish I wasn’t doing this alone.


Alice’s thoughts are broken when a knock is heard on the door.


Alice gets up and answers the door.


Standing there is Granny Claire. The name was a bit misleading. She was only in her thirties. She was pretty tall with tan skin, long brown hair and brown eyes. She called Granny because it was a title of power. She was the leader of this village.


“Hello Claire, what do I owe this pleasure?”


 “I heard two wolves were killed outside of the town. Was that your doing?” Clarie looks at her pissed.


“Yes, I killed both of them.”


“You know we try not to anger them.”


“I know, but they attacked us before we could get back into town.”


“Okay but try not to make a habit of it. They attack us enough, we don’t need

them look for more blood.”


“Well no matter what, they want us dead. If you don’t realize that, things will end up bad for us.”


Claire looks at her sharply, “We shall see. We have our ways to survive. If a few of us die in the crossfire, it will be worth it.”



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Eve is now an cutting herself? Oh if i were Alice... if I found out.. I would be so heart broken. I love Eve, I would wish for Derek by my side day in and day out. The poor girls,one without a father and one without a lover..

Great Job Reaper, I love your stories

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice job, you make the reader feel for Eve's since of loss. I wonder does she really know what she is looking for.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great write :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wonder what happened to Derek. . .

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't like the cutting part because my daughter use to do that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the conversation and the history given in the chapter. I like the history of the village and the old monsters of the past. No weakness in the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


:O EMO

Posted 12 Years Ago


Eve is now an cutting herself? Oh if i were Alice... if I found out.. I would be so heart broken. I love Eve, I would wish for Derek by my side day in and day out. The poor girls,one without a father and one without a lover..

Great Job Reaper, I love your stories

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

643 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rare Rare

A Poem by Kenny Bellamy