The Hunt

The Hunt

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Three: The Hunt

          Alice sleeps uneasy that night. She tosses and turns thinking about how she can handle Eve. She thinks that she was doing a good job with her as filling in for her as a mother, but it seems like Eve thinks differently.

          Eve wakes up in the middle of the night. She sneaks out of her window and secretly gets outside. Her cloaked body hits the frozen snowy ground. She runs off and gets to the wall that protects the city. She stares at it.

I wonder if I could climb this…

          Eve backs up and gets a running start. At her full speed she hits the wall with her feet then gets a quarter ways up then starts to slip down. She starts to fall back down by she braces her fall.

          She hits the snow hard but lucky for her it was nice and soft. Eve rolls over on her back.

Wow, I’m an idiot. I really do need to relax with trying on these powers.

          Eve gets up and dusts off the snow. She decides to go back home and try to sleep.

         

          The next morning Alice wakes up and puts out dinner for Eve. She knows Eve has a big day of deliveries to Arbor. Eve was the postmaster between to the two towns. It was an easy job for her. Plus she loved it because it got here out of the house.

          Eve comes in and sits there in silence when eating. She has something on her mind but she doesn’t know how she can bring it up.

          Eve watches Alice as she packs her a lunch and just has to say it now.

Eve gets up and runs over to Alice. She hugs her from behind.

“I’m so sorry on what I said last night. You may not be my mother but you are doing one hell of a job raising me. Thank you Alice.” She smiles against her.

“Aww, thanks sweetie. I know you really want to go out, and trust me when I say, I will try to make that possible.” She turns around and gives Eve a proper hug. “Now you have a great day at work.”

“Thanks.” Eve smiles and leaves for work.

          Alice had to have a job too. Each person in the town was given one based off skills or talents. Well the high levels of leadership gave Alice the job of being a trainer on how to kill the wolves.

          Even though Granny Claire didn’t want people to hunt the wolves, people still did on certain days. Tonight was on of days. Claire maybe pissed but the people of Arbor were much more deadly to the wolves.

          Alice had six trainees. Colton, Karina, Megan, Darnell, Matt and Aaron.

Colton was a gun specialist, he was tall man, about the age of nineteen, and eighteen was the normal age of service.  He was really pale because he never really ever was in a sunny environment.

Karina was the strongest woman in Arbor, her long flowing red hair and pale skin just added to her well know beauty. But behind all that beauty and strength was a broken girl. Both her parents killed themselves when the scourges attacked. She wanted to follow them but end up wanting to survive and she somehow found her way to the village.

Megan was a small woman but very stealthy. Her specialty was knives. She was the sister of Granny Claire so she was easily one of the most desired women in the town. She was dumb as a doorknob but it didn’t matter when everything in life was given to her on a silver platter. Even after the end of the modern world, there were still snobs.

Darnell was middle age tall black male. He was quick but cocky. He would probably never get out smarted, only out done by himself. He was clearly the only one holding himself back from greatness.

Matt was the highest ranking officer in the village. He was good looking with white skin and short brown hair. He volunteered for service because two of his brothers were killed by wolves a few months ago. Ever since then he has been licking his lips for revenge. It was bad combination, high skill but low resist to his primal urges. But one thing that Alice picked up from conversations with him was he had a crush on Eve. It was cute to her.

Finally there was Aaron. Young gun of the group. Always wanting to impress Alice. And Alice could easily see that he liked her. Alice was nowhere near wanting to date someone and especially not him. He just seemed like a cocky jerk. But he never gave up on trying getting with Alice.

This was the first night the group was actually going to go and look for wolves. Alice was worried to go because for one, she never wanted to go out and die because who would rise Eve if she were gone. Also, she was worried if more wolves would be out because of last night.

But the group pushed forward and forced Alice to take them out. Alice led them outside the gates as the full moon was starting to rise. The group was fully loaded and ready for action.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great new characters and a building block chapter.
Now its time for a whammy-next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good job!! I like the setting in this chapter. Nice write :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


good job on this chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like where this is going, Great character descriptions, I like Alice's concern for Eve. Nice job cannot wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good start. makes me want to hear more about the characters. What's next?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good character descriptions. Hope nobody dies

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now this was very intense and left me wanting to read more. Awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like her concern for Eve. I like the set-up of the city. Each person with a daily function. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moonlight... Moonlight...

A Poem by Sanjh