Lucky or Not, its Fate's Decision

Lucky or Not, its Fate's Decision

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Six: Lucky or Not, its Fate's Decision

The next morning, the news spread out what happened. All the death and destruction that was it the tale changed from person to person but everyone did know that Alice and Matt were the only two to survive.

Alice wakes up in her surprisingly warm bed. Eve sneaks in sometimes and lies next to her to be able to sleep better. The two would hold each other for warmth. Last night was one of those nights. It was actually kind of nice in Alice’s mind.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

          Alice gets up and goes to the front door. She fixes her hair and pulls open the door.

Claire is at the door in a long formal, all yellow as the center of the sun, dress. She wore this a lot when she was trying to look professional.

Claire stares into Alice’s eyes, “So we need to talk.”

Alice looks at her, “What is it about?” Alice opens the door wider, “want to come in and talk?”

Claire looks over her shoulder but shakes her head, “So we recovered all the bodies and we noticed something strange on one of them.”

Alice looks at her confused, “which was?”

“Aaron’s body was shot. Did you shoot him?”

“Yes. But…” Once Alice says yes, two men come from the side of Claire.

Alice looks at them, “what is this?”

Claire slaps Alice across the face, “You killed a human. That’s against the law.”

“But he tried to rape me out there.” Alice yells out as the men start to tie her up.

“I don’t care. You killed him. Plus you were probably asking for it.” Claire motions for them to take her to the small jail they have.

As Alice is getting dragged through the snow, “what is this really about?”

Claire yells out as Eve gets outside, “You should have save Megan.” A tear drops to the snow from Claire’s eye.

Eve runs up to Alice, “should I get you lose?” Eve sizes up the guards.

Alice looks at her, “No, let’s wait it out. Claire is being unreasonable but she may calm down. Just do your jobs for the day then make sure you make it home before the moonlight, I won’t be there to help you.”

Eve hugs and kisses her cheek, “Alright, be safe too.”

Alice is taken in the jail and tied to post in a wooden cage.

Claire walks in and locks eyes with Alice, “you will stay here till your trial.”

Alice falls to her butt, F**k.

          Eve makes it easily to the town of Arbor. The town is pretty crowded like normal. Eve runs around the city doing simple message deliveries.

          Her last house for the day was the house of Sammy James. She was owner of a few businesses in town.

 “Hey Eve, can you do a favor for me?”

Eve looks up for her food; she was eating on her break, “sure.”

Sammy hands her parcel, “give this to the boy outside of the wall. He is a good looking, young man. I think his name is Scarth.”

Eve thinks, weird name but needs the distraction.

Eve gets the parcel and walks off.

The town people of Arbor seem almost split into two groups. The larger group was people who looked formal and fancy, all the time. The smaller group was people who looked hunters or gatherers.

As Eve gets closer to the gate, she can tell this Scarth guy, was in that hunter group.

Eve walks up and taps him on the shoulder. Scarth turns around and their eyes lock.

Scarth is fairly tall and muscled filled man. He has short brown hair that’s in bed head meets disaster style. He is in full body brown leather that allows him to hunt with style and grace.

With all his style and looks, they hit Eve fast and hard. She never really felt an attraction to someone. Till now.

Eve can’t say anything when he looks at her.

Scarth’s eyebrow raises, “can I help you beautiful?”

Eve blushes and hands him the parcel.

Scarth smile, “Thanks beautiful. I haven’t seen you in these parts. Are you from here or Alexandria?”

“Alexandria,” Eve shyly says as she brushes back her black hair.

“That is cool. I haven’t been there much but do you like it there?”

“I do.” Eve nervously laughs. She didn’t quite know what was going on but she kind of liked it.

“Do you live with your family? Or something?” Scarth struggles with small talk but he kind of likes Eve and knows she is cute.

“I live with my sister Alice. Who do you live with?”

“That’s nice, I live with my family. My father, Magna, and my sister Keahi.”

“That’s cool.” Eve smiles, “Well I have to leave to make it back in time.”

Scarth frowns a bit, “I understand. Bye”

“Bye,” Eve waves and turns to leave.

After a few moments, “Hey wait,” Scarth walks over to her, “hey want to stop by tomorrow and we can talk more.”

Eve blushes, “sure”

The two smile and part ways.

Eve smiles her whole way back to town. Eve was really happy for the first time ever.

Eve gets to her cold home, now empty, and she dives into Alice’s cold bed.

She wishes for luck with Scarth, Alice to be laying on her left and maybe her father on the right.

 



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah now she has found what life is lacking, love. Art imitate life ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the introduction of the new character. I like the basic conversation. Allowing the story to get the feel of real life. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice work!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting. This is the first chapter I read so i'll have to go back and read it from the beginning. The part where she slaps her in the face and says she killed a human really caught my attention and did it for me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


WOAH, wasn't expecting Eve to get a man, GO Eve :D, I love these characters that you have let grow throughout the story. AMAZING JOB. I cannot wait for the next chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


Eve gets a boyfriend..lol That's funny..there isn't anything better for a girl to get her priorities gumbled up by adding in a man...well done. (Alice was forgotten for a bit by Eve...) Wonder what Alice with have to say bout this wrinkle. Love the way your characters are forming and each has their own quirks and good points as well. Can't wait for some more to be added. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i think you might be insane. but, coming from me, that's a compliment. i love this world you've created and want to read more. you have a few typos--but i have typos in almost everything, so no biggie. i love the world, the tone and the characterization.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting, captivating characters, I really like it. I need to go back and read the others though.
Great write like always! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting, please write some more we're all hungry for your works.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So new series, different characters yet still similar themes and an awesome plot, can't wait to see what happens, nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

645 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on March 29, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fire and Rain Fire and Rain

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar