Brothers

Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider
"

This was inspired by Vic Mignogna's English version of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ending, "Brothers."

"

     My dearest brother, how can I ever repay you for what has happened? For my idiotic mistake? Even if we made it together. I should have known better, but my judgment was clouded. So how can I even expect you to forgive? All because my heart clinged to the past, I shattered your chance to live.

     I knew the laws, better than I knew anything else, but that didn't stop me. I had my goal in sight and nothing could pull me away from it. Not even your words of warning. Oh, how I wish I could return your wasted breath. But I can't. For there is no cure for death.

     How can I make amends for everything I have taken from you? You followed the hopeless dream I had envisioned, and now I regret ever thinking of the idea. For leading you by that dream, my brother, I was a fool.

     Don't cry for the past, dear brother. There is nothing we can do about it now. Neither you nor I are free from the blame of our actions; me for feeding you the idea, and you for helping me. The things we did were unforgivable and inerasable. We are both to blame, for the path we took was the same.

     Our beautiful mother, her voice soft and sweet. She did not deserve her fate. She was supposed to stay with us forever, but life so cold and cruel. I was so caught up in my own grief to think clearly as I convinced you to help me. We did our best to reach her from the past, but that was not to be.

     My dreams made me blind to what could happen when we tried. And I was mute during the consequences. My heart and mind longs for the times we once had, whole and happy. But now I follow my path without a word, just hoping that those times will once again come back to us. Brother, the fault is mine for taking all of that away from you.

     So what are we to do now? Now that we have paid the price for our actions. And how are we supposed to forget and forgive? Things were not supposed to end like this, but what is gone is lost forever. Now the only thing we can do is live.

© 2015 Dark Rider


Author's Note

Dark Rider
Okay, so I've been on the Vic Mignogna craze after hearing this song of his. So don't be surprised if I make more stories inspired by his songs. XD But anyway, this isn't my best work, but I just wanted to do it since I love Fullmetal Alchemist.

Tell me what you think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this story most intriguing. Sometimes answers should be left shrouded for the reader to draw their own conclusions of the story or keep wondering about it. It keeps them so fascinated till the end and I think you did a great job of it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


You are a amazing writer. The story brought me in and the story held me.
"So what are we to do now? Now that we have paid the price for our actions. And how are we supposed to forget and forgive? Things were not supposed to end like this, but what is gone is lost forever. Now the only thing we can do is live"
The above lines. I could write a epic tale from. Regret is left after mistakes are made. In the end. We must go forward. Maybe wiser? A outstanding story. I did like.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Dark Rider

1 Year Ago

Thanks for the review! It means a lot that you enjoyed this old piece of writing.
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are welcome my dear friend.
Mmm. This has a kind of rhythmic quality to it. You said this isn't your best work, and it does have some room to be cleaned up, but for what this is, it's sustainable. I enjoyed this light read. I do wish I knew what transpired, but that's part of the story element. Plus, throwing in the part about Fullmetal Alchemist makes the whole thing better in my book ~_^ See ya around.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dark Rider

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading, Clifford! ^^ I'm glad you liked it.
This is amazing. I wonder what he did wrong. This is ally good and hopefully it will make people think about the path they choose.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dark Rider

8 Years Ago

Thanks, KittyKatgirl. :)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Welcome. :)
Leaves me wondering what exactly took place. i've read it three (yeah, three) times and i'm still captured by the telling of the story. The way it's written. The tone. The voice.
Excellent read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dark Rider

8 Years Ago

Wow, I didn't know it was that good, haha. Thanks for reading, Marcus. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
Very well written. Strong character with a concious. Good job. Keep on writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dark Rider

8 Years Ago

Thanks, Buck! :)
it is very nice and very well written


Posted 9 Years Ago


Dark Rider

9 Years Ago

Thanks, irenic. :)
This is really good ! I love the way in which you imbue the reader with the same sorrows and regrets as the speaker, while still being able to take a step back and appreciate the wide and unspoken range of emotions coursing through the vein of your story. Awesome job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Zac! :)
This is a fantastic piece. So many emotions in a short area. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Katie! :)
This is the kind of words that i love to read , Awesome .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Khaled. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1054 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2015
Tags: fan-fic, Vic Mignogna, Fullmetal Alchemist

Author

Dark Rider
Dark Rider

Training with Halt in Redmont Fief, AL



About
"Do you give the horse his strenght, or clothe his neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strenght, a.. more..

Writing
Help Help

A Poem by Dark Rider



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Help Help

A Poem by Dark Rider