Brothers

Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider
"

This was inspired by Vic Mignogna's English version of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ending, "Brothers."

"

     My dearest brother, how can I ever repay you for what has happened? For my idiotic mistake? Even if we made it together. I should have known better, but my judgment was clouded. So how can I even expect you to forgive? All because my heart clinged to the past, I shattered your chance to live.

     I knew the laws, better than I knew anything else, but that didn't stop me. I had my goal in sight and nothing could pull me away from it. Not even your words of warning. Oh, how I wish I could return your wasted breath. But I can't. For there is no cure for death.

     How can I make amends for everything I have taken from you? You followed the hopeless dream I had envisioned, and now I regret ever thinking of the idea. For leading you by that dream, my brother, I was a fool.

     Don't cry for the past, dear brother. There is nothing we can do about it now. Neither you nor I are free from the blame of our actions; me for feeding you the idea, and you for helping me. The things we did were unforgivable and inerasable. We are both to blame, for the path we took was the same.

     Our beautiful mother, her voice soft and sweet. She did not deserve her fate. She was supposed to stay with us forever, but life so cold and cruel. I was so caught up in my own grief to think clearly as I convinced you to help me. We did our best to reach her from the past, but that was not to be.

     My dreams made me blind to what could happen when we tried. And I was mute during the consequences. My heart and mind longs for the times we once had, whole and happy. But now I follow my path without a word, just hoping that those times will once again come back to us. Brother, the fault is mine for taking all of that away from you.

     So what are we to do now? Now that we have paid the price for our actions. And how are we supposed to forget and forgive? Things were not supposed to end like this, but what is gone is lost forever. Now the only thing we can do is live.

© 2015 Dark Rider


Author's Note

Dark Rider
Okay, so I've been on the Vic Mignogna craze after hearing this song of his. So don't be surprised if I make more stories inspired by his songs. XD But anyway, this isn't my best work, but I just wanted to do it since I love Fullmetal Alchemist.

Tell me what you think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all I LOVE FMA :) I actually liked it and since I have an overactive imagination I was able to get a story out of the inspiration. I think those who haven't actually seen the series wouldn't get it but I do. Loved it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Jace! I just love this series and had to write something for it. :)
Jace Fox

10 Years Ago

:) You're welcome! I love Ed and Al I have two brother bunnies that I named Hatsuharu Edward and Mom.. read more
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

XD Oh my, I love Fruits Basket as well! That's just made my day. XD And yes, Ed will forever be the .. read more
This is not a story, rather it hints at a story. It is very difficult to make your reader invent a story of their own but that is what this does. You give no facts, just thoughts, apologies, and emotions, yet it is enough. AND it has a beat, a tempo, a rhythm that works to reinforce the sadness and regret.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Yeah, I based this off a song, so I more or less just focused on the character's emotions, or at lea.. read more
There was a rhythm in this story. It was indeed a sorrowful story n loved it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading, Ankit. :)
Ankit Mahar

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome. Keep writing :-)
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Will do. :)
I think this is a lovely write, the last paragraph is really thought-provoking. Well-written and fluid, I really enjoyed it, good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, Rose! :)
The sorrow is strong. The guilt is potent. The story is intoxicating.
You wrote this like a poem, and did it wonderfully, too. The brother begging for forgiveness for the death he wrought is so emotional. I see him on his knees, the tears running down his face, begging to be told he's forgiven. Dying to know that it's alright. I would put the idea of suicide out of the question either.
Very well done, with the emotional-appeal. :)
Sylvia.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading! :)
Interesting story, the emotions felt real, great job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Nick. :)
BOOK! BOOK! BOOK!
Lol I agree with Isabella, it should be a book. Cuz I'll read it. ^_^
Not you're best? I'd lose to read your best!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Grey. :) And I believe my best is Danir's Lullaby. XD
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Mk ill look ASAP.
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

^^ Okay. :)
Amazing story.You should make a book that has the whole story in it. From the mistake,to the pain an to the aftershock of it all. It would make an amazing book. If you make it a book. I can't wait to read it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Well, this was inspired by a song from an anime called "Fullmetal Alchemists: Brotherhood." So the a.. read more
-Fangirl screech!!-
I love that song, I memorized it word for word!
I love love love Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
This is sooo going into my favorites!
It's EPIC.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

It's amazing!!!
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

I'm so going to download it xD Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

You're welcome! ^^
I love anime too, and I watched fullmetal alchemist too
btw, i like this writing ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

Yay, more FMA fans!!! XD Thanks for reading. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1053 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2015
Tags: fan-fic, Vic Mignogna, Fullmetal Alchemist

Author

Dark Rider
Dark Rider

Training with Halt in Redmont Fief, AL



About
"Do you give the horse his strenght, or clothe his neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strenght, a.. more..

Writing
Help Help

A Poem by Dark Rider



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..