Savage Beauty and her Dark Beast

Savage Beauty and her Dark Beast

A Story by Darkimmortal
"

So yet again this is a savage twist of a favourite fairy tale, Dare you read any further?

"

Thunder ripped across the sky tearing it open with a throaty roar. Rain poured out of the open wound in the sky lashing at everything it fell on. Lighting forked the sky, raking thick blackness with white hot claws before disappearing into the darkness. The wind howled and whipped at the trees, making them quiver in terror as it ripped through them. Trees screamed as the wind pulled them up exposing their vulnerable roots before sending them crashing mightily to the ground.

 

The cry of a horse echoed through the ravaged forest before the pounding of hooves could be heard before it was drowned out by the ravenous thunder. The pounding got closer before a horse and rider leapt out of the darkness. The branches latched at them, desperately trying to pull the pair back into their grasp. The horse struggled onwards, steam billowing out of its nose as it plunged through the trees. They leapt left and right, avoiding the hooked fingers of the branches as they raced through the forest. The rider turned to look at her horses rear, and saw that its left flank was dripping bright crimson. Lightning lit the sky with its rage illuminating the dark outline of a huge building in the distance.

 

The rider urged her horse towards the murky outline and the tired beast lunged forwards. Its gait started to falter as it raced through the trees, darting left and right awkwardly. The trees drew back from the lip of the forest to reveal a jagged rocky slope that led to the castle. The rocks jutted out of the dirt like daggers but the rider had no time to gingerly usher her steed over the obstacles. Careening down the hillside they picked up a dangerous amount of speed.

 

A huge set of wrought iron gates guarded the entrance to the building. The twisted metal glared in the rain, bleeding patches of rust and age. They hung partially open and the rider could feel her horses gait get smaller, churning up the dirt in front of it, trying to slow down to avoid colliding with the metal. They hung partially ajar so the rider spurred her horse onwards. The horse reared its head back not wanting to comply before they hit the metal with a bone jarring thud. The gate screeched and gave way as they slammed into it, the horse screaming with pain and confusion.

 

The horse crumpled underneath her and she leapt off as the animal collapsed to the ground. Blood and froth bubbled in its mouth as it lurched on the ground, a wordless bellow pouring over its teeth. The rider dropped and rolled before leaping to her feet and racing towards the gate as red eyes darted out of the forest. The huge wolves growled and leapt down the hillside closing the distance between them far too quickly. The girl grabbed the huge gate with both hands and threw her body weight against it. The metal screeched and shuddered under her hands as the gate unwillingly closed. The animals snarled and raced towards her, ready to rip her to strips. The gate slid closed and the wolves slammed into it, throwing their bodies at the unforgiving metal.

 

 Claws raked across her hand drawing blood and the girl yelped before stumbling backwards away from the gate. The wolves yelped and snarled, desperately trying to find a way through the gate but to no avail. The girl clutched her wounded hand to her chest, scrambling backwards away from the animals. Her horse, renewed by fear heaved itself to its feet and lurched away from her disappearing into the night. The girl pulled herself to her feet and raced away from the gate as fast as she could. The rain blinded her as she ran, pushing against her as she plunged through it.

 

The murky outline of the building loomed out of the rain as she raced towards it. The wind howled in her ears before her fingers met the wetted wood of the front door of the house. She slammed her uninjured fist on the wood of the door, screaming wordlessly before the door slid open and she tumbled inside. She fell onto the floor, a limp wet rag before she lifted her head and her breath caught in her chest.

 

The building was absolutely huge.

 

The huge vaulted ceilings were layered with carvings hundreds of years old. Huge gargoyles loomed out of the darkness, clutching to their perches with huge stone claws. Their blind eyes searched the room for eternity and their wings curled behind their backs. A flicker of light danced around the corner before a woman stepped out into the open.

 

Her hair was long and unkempt and matted in tufts behind her head. Patches of balding purple skin glared on her scalp dripping with loose skin. Her eyes were a dull blue, with reddened veins sunken on a yellowed background. Black makeup circled her eyes and streaks of it ran down her cheeks, as if she had been crying. The face on her skin was pulled back tightly, pulling back her lips into a permanent grin. Her teeth were jagged and yellowed, and sharper than any human teeth the girl had seen before. The dress the woman wore had been a bright yellow at some point but it was now greyed and blotted with age and stains. Tears bled through the fabric, exposing black and blue skin underneath. The woman moved quickly, like a skittish animal, her eyes constantly moving back and forth. A red tongue slicked across her lips before it was gone.

 

Her hands opened and closed like the pincers on a crab, clacking the long sharp nails painted blood red on her fingers. The rest of her skin was a sickly white, and she looked as if she were a ghost.

 

“I’m sorry,” The woman purred tilting her head to the side “I didn’t see you come in child.”

 

The girl stood, dripping water on the floor as the woman circled her clicking her fingers. “My, my one can only wonder where you came from my dear.”

 

“I’m sorry to intrude,” The girl said dropping her eyes to the floor as the woman continued to circle her, getting closer with every pass. “But I was attacked by wolves while riding in the woods, and I’ve lost my horse.”

 

“Well isn’t that a shame,” The woman tipped her head to the side again. “What is your name my dear?”

 

The girl didn’t answer.

 

“Nice to meet you,” The woman said absently as if the girl had answered, “My name is Belle, and I welcome you to my home.” Her bony fingers closed tightly around the girls shoulder before Belle started towing her towards a set of stone stairs.

 

“How about we get you into a new set of clothes and some nice food into your stomach?” Belle chirped pushing the girl roughly along the hallway. The hallway in front of them seemed to go on forever but Bell dragged her to a sudden stop in front of a set of doors. Her head cocked to the side again as if she were listening for something before she sniffed and her head turned and her eyes locked on the girl.

 

“On second thought,” She hissed clacking her teeth together, “You are injured.”

 

Belles hand snapped down onto the girls wrist bringing her wounded hand out into the light. Four angry jagged lines glared on the top of her hand and a drop of blood dripped onto the floor. Belle’s eyes widened and her tongue flicked across her lips again, hungrily.

 

“Yesssssss.” She hissed closing her eyes and sniffing at the air. Faster than the girl could react Belle pulled open a door and pushed the girl into a room. The girl fell onto something soft and the sound of the door slamming echoed through the castle. The girl leapt to her feet and whirled slamming her fists on the door.

 

“Let me out!” she bellowed.

 

“Don’t scream too loud, or you’ll wake him,” Belle’s giggle floated playfully through the door.

 

“Wake wh-“ The girl started before a rank smell wafted into her nose. Her face automatically scrunched with disgust and she gagged before she heard something that made her heart seize in her chest.

 

A low shuddering breath, gushing sickly smelling hot air onto the back of her neck. A shudder ran down her spine and she turned, her breath hitching in her chest. The first thing she saw was a huge hand. Thick black claws buried into the straw that covered the floor, smothered in a mat of greasy fur. The hand was attached to a thick muscular arm, layered with long matter fur and long ropy scars criss-crossing the huge muscles. The arm was attached to a broad chest and a thick neck. A huge chain looped around its neck, and it had been there for so long folds of skin had grown through the links.

 

Its eyes were a pale yellow, sunken into a huge skull. Its mouth hung open on a slack jaw revealing rows of sharp teeth, caked with rotted gore and decay. A tail poked out behind it, hairless and purple like that of a rat. The room was filled with rotting straw and the stink of it reeked to no end. Broken bones jutted up out of the straw and dried blood streaked the floors and walls.  It roared at her, a wordless bellow that filled the room and silenced the thunder that boomed outside. Its hands slammed down onto the floor, shaking the very foundation of the castle. Its long snout sniffed the air before a huge purple tongue flicked around its mouth.

 

It could smell her blood.

 

Slowly it started to creep towards her, the links of the chain it was burdened with clinking on the stones.

 

“Beast, here is your beauty,” Belle whispered before she grinned as the castle was filled with screams.

© 2014 Darkimmortal


Author's Note

Darkimmortal
I would love to hear anything positive or creative that you would have to say. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
oh, that was creepy... creepy good if i may say. Scary with an open end storyline. i enjoyed it much.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Darkimmortal

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
I didn't see that coming!!! Loved it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Darkimmortal

10 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 29, 2014

Author

Darkimmortal
Darkimmortal

Canada



About
Hello everyone! My name is Darkimmortal, as you may already know. I have been writing for a long time now and I especially like to write scary stories that are full of gore, so if you are faint heart.. more..

Writing