Life and Death

Life and Death

A Story by Darth Mulligein
"

Life and Death may occur but that is not all that matters in the end.

"

I check the clock again. 12pm has come and gone its way. The minutes have ticked by slowly but they have. I’ve waited an hour for him to show up. Funny how we was always on time for things I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do. Now that I have something important to tell him, he is going to show up over an hour late, if at all. I decided to call him. I hear the dial tone, and finally someone answers, but it isn’t him.


“Yes?”


It is a woman’s voice. He must be cheating.


“Hello. I am his’s girlfriend. Can you put him on the phone?”


I hear a sound that sound like someone calling out to someone, but I am not too sure what they said. His mistress, because I guess I am not enough, must be asking him what to say.


A man is now on the phone, but it isn’t him. Now I am even more confused.


“I am sorry to tell you this, but he has been in a car accident. I thought they had informed you of this earlier.”


“Is he likely to survive?”


“There is always a chance, but his injuries were very severe. I would suggest that you come over as quickly as you can.”


He gives me the address and room number and then ends the call, likely to go treat someone not on their death bed.

What am I going to do? Especially with what I found out the other day, I don’t think I could do this without him.


I can still see it clearly in my mind. Positive. I looked at the test and the key several times to make sure I wasn’t seeing it wrong.


I rush over to the hospital. He is still alive. Just barely hanging on.


“Hey” he rasps out barely loud enough for me to hear.


“I am so glad I got here in time. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t gotten to see you if you die. Oh please don’t die. I don’t think I can do this without you. Especially with the test-”

“The test?”


“Oh, yeah. You don’t know because of the accident and everything.” I say, the words barely coming out as sobs well up in my throat. I can hold them in any more.


He reaches out and grabs me. I don’t know how I don’t get tangled up in the wires monitoring every little thing about how he is doing.


We just sit there for a little while until he brings up the test again. I guess you need to quench curiosity right away when there is a chance you could die any second.


“I took a test and it came back positive.”


“One of those tests?”


“Yes.”


“Were having a-”


This time I cut him off. I see the joy in his eyes and I make sure he feels my joy too as our lips mash together. Nothing matters right now. Not life. Not death. Just us and the life we made together.

© 2018 Darth Mulligein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The ending is the most adorable thing ever! I loved reading this! Well done!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2018
Last Updated on April 24, 2018

Author

Darth Mulligein
Darth Mulligein

Jacksonville, NC



About
I am a teenager that is just badly writing down the thoughts in my head. more..

Writing