HIT

HIT

A Poem by natalie
"

inside the core of addiction

"
                                                                  HIT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I spent a many drug-filled night,running wild and chasing dope                                                                                                              See,I knew nothing about myself, this is the only way I could find to cope                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Digging myself deeper, coming upon more and more issue"s to face                                                                                                          trying to become someone,anyone else..till I disappeared without a trace                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My plan was to take a HIT to escape the pain                                                                                                                                        But my plan backfired on me...I was taking a Hit of shame                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      took a Hit of guilt a couple times                                                                                                                                                        HIT a lick on a couple crimes                                                                                                                left sitting still...eyes on the clock                                                                                                                                                    lost everything the money had bought                                                                                                    lost the what if's...lost the maybe's                                                                                                                              lost                                                                                                                                                                                all                                                                                                                                                                              them                                                                                                                                                                               years                                                                                                                                                                              with                                                                                                                                                                             them                                                                                                                                                                              babies                                                                                                                                   lost the remorse..lost the cry                                                                                                                                            lost the ability to look myself in the eye                                                                                                                                                                    left to Die                                                                   Till,I realized that craving that ran through my veins...that deep need for numbness                                                                                                                                               had drove me insane                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            so drove to being sober, I seen I was the person I needed to be                                                                                                                              The shame and the guilt, was a side effect of me leaving me                                                                                                                                                                                                                      So I have anger against the dope, strong enough to make my blood boil                                                                                                                  I had been living my life with a HIT........Hurt,Insecurity,and Turmoil!!!!!!

© 2017 natalie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love how it's scattered, it brings an important element to the subject. Strong and real writing, I related to the what if's and maybe's part, that was clever. love the H I T part.


Posted 7 Years Ago


natalie

7 Years Ago

Thank You, and Yes..HIT holds alot of various meaning, maybe a hit in the face, a HIT from life, or .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2017
Last Updated on February 9, 2017

Author

natalie
natalie

cassatt, s.c, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hi!! I,m Natalie..Ive been writting since I was a child,it has always come easy for me. I hope you enjoy more..

Writing
The Eagle The Eagle

A Poem by natalie