Story One - The Telas Threat - Act Three - Breaking and Entry

Story One - The Telas Threat - Act Three - Breaking and Entry

A Story by David Edgeworth
"

This is a continuation piece. To aid understanding look for Acts 1&2. In this chapter: Miles, Bernard and Ryan break into the Telas building with the plan being to meet a police unit on the roof.

"

When we got back to Bernard’s we began planning out our course of action, Luther would know by now that the ruse was just that and that Ryan helped us escape, a fact that made me feel even worse seeing as the only image in my head was him in agony from my heat of the moment decision.

Our first port of call was to contact Selena’s father, Michael and inform him of the footage that Michael got his hands on, after that we’d go down to the police station and plan our attack from there.

On our way to the police station we dropped off Selena at her home. Despite how reluctant she was to admit it, we were right. The only thing she could do right now is rest.

That left just Bernard, Ryan and myself on top of however many troops the police could afford to dispatch to destroy Telas’ drug labs and apprehend Luther Grey.

After showing the footage to Michael we were introduced to his team dedicated to removing the corrupt members in government organisations such as Telas.

Now I know what you’re thinking. A team dedicated to a cause as important as this would certainly have an overwhelming amount of manpower and again, you’re wrong. We only went from three, to seven.

To be fair though, I preferred having a small group. Guerilla warfare tactics are amongst some of the most effective. Our target was on the twentieth floor which approximately halfway between the lobby which is how myself, Bernard and Ryan would enter and the heli-pad which the police unit would use. The Police team were primarily assault which meant the plan was for them to arrive and effectively clear the twentieth floor and we were primarily support. By that I mean, Ryan and myself got a temporary job at Bernard’s security firm and we were here to check out the buildings set-up due to the disaster that occurred earlier and naturally the best way to find a fault in a system is to look at each part individually, whilst the rest has been deactivated.

After my team were finished putting on their “Hill’s Security” overalls and baseball caps, we regrouped with the police squad. At this final meeting we went over the objectives once again and I supplied the police squad with some of our gear which involved tear gas canisters to be used in the safes and bottles of fairly strong sulphuric acid from the sprinklers which were to be used to deal damage to lab equipment without having to burn everything in sight with a flame-thrower. It should also be noted that everyone had a set of lock picks despite the fact that only Bernard and a man named Richard Morrison from the police squad could use them efficiently.

Hill’s Security check was booked in for half an hour before the police were scheduled to arrive for a “comprehensive” investigation which didn’t exactly give us a lot of time

Upon our arrival we were given full body searches by the Carbine wielding guards and our equipment checked against a written version of our manifesto. Naturally they couldn’t find anything wrong with us so they escorted us to the main security booth on the sixth floor.

Immediately we began to pan the twentieth floor so we could give a general outline of what to expect to Michael and his team. Little did I except to have to tell them that Michael was to be assassinated the moment he got off the helicopter. This changed everything. When he was informed, Michael urged to change the plan entirely. Now what was to happen was only three of them would be coming to assist us, the fourth one left behind was the pilot himself as Michael and his two remaining members would rappel down to the twentieth and enter through the windows. By the time I’d finished speaking with Michael; Bernard had pressed the right combination of buttons to turn off every security camera in the building and had begun trying to get some background information on Luther Grey. Ultimately we found very little apart from the fact that Maria Fielding believes him to be the “White Cougar” and he joined Telas five years ago.

After getting everything we could from the computers we decided to make our way to the twentieth floor before Michael’s team to get more information on the assassin.

The elevator on the twentieth floor was situated in a place that was out of sight of the main labs. The structure of the twentieth floor was a giant square with about forty tables all covered in various hard narcotics and at regular intervals along the walls there were smaller private labs and offices, such as Maria Fielding’s. It was Ryan who found a small changing room that had some spare lab coats which replaced our overalls which allowed us to travel to Maria’s office inconspicuously despite the fact we all had pistols at our sides.

I went in first followed by Ryan with Bernard covering the rear. Upon questioning her about the assassin we discovered that it was too late. The assassin knew to listen out for communications and when he heard the change of plans, he decided to shoot the pilot instead.

So what are you going to do, Miles? Kill me for ordering the assassin?” For some reason she had singled me out despite the fact I was holding the least powerful gun out of the three of us.

No. After all, you didn’t hire that assassin. I know all about you Maria, how your hands are tied by Luther Grey. I also know that you’re paranoid and you think that he has enough information on you to ruin you” Ryan and Bernard both looked confused and Maria was just snarling.

How dare you accuse me of being paranoid” There was an air of outraged dignity in the air now

I’m not accusing you, Maria. I’m telling you straight. After all, you think he’s the same ‘White Cougar’ who recently broke into your safe and before you try and deny it all, here’s a printout of an e-mail where you’re telling all this to your supervisor.” Maria’s face went pale as she pulled a gun out from her desk.

I see. One way or another private life gets revealed. Well no more for you see. This ends here.” By this point, Maria was holding the gun at her own head.

All three of us tried to move forward to get the gun out of her hand due to words having no effect but it was no use. She’d pulled the trigger before we could even understand what was happening.

To make matters worse the employees began to scream and panic causing large amounts of guards to appear. Ryan began to throw tear gas blindly whilst Bernard began shooting at them until I discovered a security terminal which we could use to our advantage.

Bernard, head over to that security system and get the sprinkler by the stairs on right now and set the rest to spray in five minutes. Watch your back though and I’ll try and cover you.” At which point my finger curled around the M9 whilst Bernard started crawling. Soon, but not soon enough Bernard had activated the sprinklers causing the guards to scream in agony as they fell down the stairs. However they just kept coming rendering the stairs and elevators useless. It seemed like we had no way out until we remember the revised plan, rappelling. The sprinklers were doing the majority of the work for us but Ryan was in charge of throwing tear gas whenever it ran out until Bernard and I looked for a way to rappel. Eventually we found several fire hoses which we knew we could use to at least get to a lower level to repeat the process. Once we’d set up, Ryan went first followed by Bernard and then it came to my turn and fear gripped my entire body. Several people had already fallen from a height to their deaths no less than twenty minutes ago. Thankfully the grip loosened once gunfire started echoing through the labs. Then it was fairly easy and the hoses took us down to the eighth floor where we found more fire hoses to repeat the process. We then fled for the security company van and headed back for Selena’s house.

We heard it on the news later on that day. Millions of pounds worth of hard narcotics had been found totally decimated by acid. That information came of course after footage of my rather embarrassing attempt of rappelling down a building using a fire hose.

But I couldn’t care less about how stupid it all looked, Selena could smile once again as we held each other close once again. I hadn’t told her the news yet of course, that would just have to wait until tomorrow. It’d been a long day for all of us and funeral preparations couldn’t begin until they found the body anyway, which reminded me. No news article about this entire case had mentioned Luther Grey which meant he’d evaded it all once again. I could only help but ask myself just how many more times it would be possible for him to do so.

.

© 2013 David Edgeworth


Author's Note

David Edgeworth
Please review, give your comments and thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: Miles, Anderson, New, P.I, Series, Would, Love, Feedback

Author

David Edgeworth
David Edgeworth

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
I am seventeen years old from Scotland and aspiring to write a first person action series revolving around the life of fictional P.I, "Miles Anderson" more..

Writing