We need to support our soldiers!

We need to support our soldiers!

A Story by David the writer
"

I've heard so much hate for men who I personally thank every day I get a sweet taste of freedom.

"

 I want to say that our U.S army needs a lot more love, respect, support, and I dare say some damn money. I not only think it is disrespectful to protest at soldier funnerals, BUT also think it is very disrespectful to not shake a soldiers hand, smile at him, or do anything else for them. They aren't the same now as before they went into the wars, and fought for OUR freedom, rights, and safety. I'm a gamer so i've played some war games, but MGS4 scares me. I'd hate to see what they do, and you know why they do it? They risk THEIR lifes, get few chances to see THEIR children, and give YOU freedom. I can't beleive the disrespect i've seen, the horrible unthankful attidudes, and the worst thing said/typed that they wouldn't say to their faces. America, please help me in supporting the U.S troops. Thank you, please learn from this if you don't think what they do isn't important, and have a boss day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                    Brought to you by David T. Bard

© 2012 David the writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now this is what I believe in. I'm with you and our troops. I lived across from a soldjer. Best guy in town. Nice as heaven. We all called him g.I.joe lol. He was shipped out. Never came back. Sucked. We were really good friends and him and my dad got along perfectly. Shame. Anyway I agree with all that

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David the writer

11 Years Ago

So sorry to hear that ='(, I really did shed a tear because of the story, but aren't we all thankful.. read more
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Exactly



Reviews

I always feel a little awkward when someone thanks me for serving. It's difficult to explain that I didn't do what I did for them, or anyone that wasn't in my team. By no means am I saying that I don't appreciate the thanks, but I certainly didn't think about how my actions would effect the way people would react to me when they learned about my service. I don't think of myself as someone worth being thanked for some of the thing I've done.
I agree with everything else in this piece, though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have to agree with on this they work hard and serve us well. The president holds the power exchange these things just as we the people owe them our gratitude by giving up a seat, or letting them go ahead of us in line. Or just to say thank you. I often was embarrassed to say thank you or felt weird about it.But now, saying thank yous often returns a thank you in kind or, some will say on rare occasions, " I really needed that ".I also met a person from a bikers club who assists with the funerals. The Patriot Riders. It was interesting to hear what Al the person had to say It was a great meet.and I look forward to hearing more from him.
At any rate, it is true we all need to be mindful of our soldiers. Especially when many lose there mental freedoms due to PTSD.

Posted 11 Years Ago


IMO, a good editorial. I suggest you read my poem "Dreaming Marine" dedicated to Corporal Josh Daugherty. His book of poetry “The Daily Thoughts of a Fallujah Marine” can be found on Amazon.

An old jarhead...

Posted 11 Years Ago


this really hit home for me these ppl are my heroes and thats the reason im trying to get into the army this was great all around man nice work:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


David the writer

11 Years Ago

Great than it wouldn't be a task to forward this to other people, right?
koty bell

11 Years Ago

im on it dogg:)
David the writer

11 Years Ago

Thanx bro, this is important, and i've told everyone I could about it. I thought that others would h.. read more
War and violence is also a part of this world and that's no doubt real... Soldiers who fought with nobility... Soldiers who bear the hurt and pain of leaving the people they love I've seen lots of videos on youtube about these soldiers and I hope the war will end to a peace pact too much for asking but I would like to live in a world where we all understood each other and where we wont fight one another... I hope people all over the world will value the meaning of love

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes. Soldiers are ... mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters - they are people too (most with two legs, some with four; some with none). They love, they laugh, they cry. and sometimes, they die.

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/ufoauthor/1015707/

Posted 11 Years Ago


your right

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with you. :) I see where you are coming from.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Indeed! To disrespect a soldier is to bite the hand that has fed you! Why, if there were no volounteer soldiers, we'd be forced to fight ourselves! People need to just THINK sometimes!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have my support. I was a Soldier for 15 years. I lost many good friends to war. We need to be thankful for the men and woman who serve. I pray for the Soldiers to come home safe and sound. Thank you for the positive story on our Soldiers serving.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

935 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012

Author

David the writer
David the writer

OK



About
My profile was rated This Page is Rated PG-13 www.writerscafe.org/David_ Lets101 Quizzes - Online Quizzes Welcome to my profile! Get your groceries, and get out! Hey guys! So, I'm not o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hush Hush

A Story by Sophie