Anyone cares?

Anyone cares?

A Poem by Selena D. Harper
"

Just a short poem I came up with...

"
Planet earth cries in agony
Like a mother cries for her child
But nobody seems to understand
Is there anyone who cares?

© 2016 Selena D. Harper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

for a short piece its say a lot mother earth does give us lots of red flags but i think were blind to whats really go on and in the end a lot of people don't care. excellent write. thank you for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


I hear her too- though she is stronger than we think, and I believe will outlast us. Her children- the animals and narural environment - cry out also for us to stop clear-cutting the trees that give us breath and habitats for so many creatures. We can only hope and work toward a higher consciousness that takes our earth's condition seriously. Thank you for posting this message- some will hear it, and some will not- just like some denounce the evidence of climate change. Your message is short, compassionate and clear. Those who live in balance with the earth's rhythms and natural balance- when man does not mess it up- can feel that the earth itself and all in it are one - it is we who have separated ourself from her with our ambitions.

Posted 7 Years Ago


We consume, discard and begin anew, only to wonder where the mountain of mess came from, judging others for their actions, while quietly excusing our own. If it were possible to go back and see the time we came out of the caves, then look at where we are today, I think most would vote to go back up the trees and not come back down. Or at the very least, roll a bigger rock in front of the cave as we entomb ourselves from the madness :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nonsense. The planet's not crying, life is crying. I think the environmental message is more honest when we separate life from inanimate material.

The planet could care less about life. It was once a giant ball of molten rock and metal getting pummeled by early solar system debris for the first billion years of it's life... right now is the most peaceful it will ever be for the Earth. The sun will be getting hotter and hotter and larger and larger as it progresses through it's main sequence. That last billion years is going to see the planet earth consumed by the sun as it enters it Red Giant phase. If the earth is crying, it would be because it's mother (sun) is going to burn the child(earth) alive - slowly, like torture. The planet, the sun... nature in general... they want us dead. Life is a struggle against nature, life must support life... don't root for the opposing team. Rock and stone does not need an advocate.

It's a nicely written poem, though, your message is hippy non sense.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Powerful! There are many who care, I think we must shift from that mentality that we must show our caring with grand gestures when small simple things can bring about changes that have power to challenge our attitudes. She is indeed Mother Earth!

Great poem. R

Posted 7 Years Ago


no words could ring more true. and few truely care. great very great.

Posted 7 Years Ago


If only more people saw the earth the way you did in such a short and sweet poem. It was truly lovely.

Posted 7 Years Ago


People still care, I care.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lovely little write... And so entirely true, Selena. Our beautiful world cries out for compassion every day... And what some may not understand is that it begins with us, even just one person able to make a difference in seemingly the smallest of ways. Just taking a moment to pause. To pick up the litter regardless if it is theirs, to recycle, plant a seed, not needing to spend so much as a cent, not requiring an activist to help keep our world lush and thriving. A thought provoking write hinged with empowerment. And thank you so much for sharing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Loving this poem. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

890 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 26, 2016

Author

Selena D. Harper
Selena D. Harper

SC



About
My name is Selena, I'm a 36 years old lady looking to write my heart out. I never shared my writings online so this is very exciting for me. Please bear with me as I walk on the journey of writing ag.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Mask The Mask

A Poem by Colton Warr