Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Dawn Dreamer

The wind was blowing through the fleecy white clouds, bringing thousands of little raindrops with it, bouncing on the black and white marble floor. A soft music was gently playing, but otherwise everything was silent. The air seemed to quiver with tension, and he could almost feel it closing him in, cutting him off from the world he had always known. 
Ever since that fateful day a couple of weeks ago, he had been living in fear, waiting for his punishment, waiting for them to catch him, waiting for them to find out. And all that time, he now realized, he had waited for his so-called friends to betray him. And they had. 
Even though he had known it all along, it stung. It hurt to know that someone was willing to throw away hundreds of years of friendship, to know that someone would be willing to break one of the strongest bonds to ever exist, only to stay in good favor of them. They had ruined the immortal lives of many, for just committing that one sin. 
His head was bowed, awaiting the final word from The Judge, the topmost leader of the Council of Angels. 
Raindrops spattered around his feet, glossing up his shiny black shoes, reminding him of the fate that was awaiting him. He could feel the cold substance on his head, wetting his dark hair and dripping back on the black and white tiled floor. He knew what The Judge would decide. Others had been given it for less worse actions. The punishment no Angel wanted to go through, including him. 
It was true he more daring than others, always willing to risk just that little more. Always standing where others would not stand. That had been what drew his former friends to him in the first place. 
His daring and love of danger and risk was what had brought him here in the first place. And truth to be told, if we were going to be honest here, he wouldn't half have minded the punishment if it were not for his family. His parents and little sister. They would forever have to carry this shame on their shoulders. Well, until he returned, that is, which could pretty well be close to forever, depending on what The Judge decided. 
He could picture his little sister now, looking at his still figure with big eyes, wondering what was going on around her. He knew she was sitting straight behind him, although he couldn't look around and see her, since he was supposed to stand with his head bowed until The Judge spoke his final word. 
Sapphire was nothing like him, he knew. She was a good Angel, one that he knew would grow up to be important, a role model to the younger Angels in training. 
He remembered when he was still in training school. That had been around two hundred and sixty years ago. He had done up some good experience since then, but still he loved testing how far he could go in things. It wasn't the first time he had gotten in trouble, but this was far more serious than all the scrapes he had ever gotten into. This was something The Council would never let go.
''Asher Storm, of the house of Jehramiel,'' the voice of The Judge was cold and distant. Not a hint of mercy, Asher decided. He felt his heart sink, and the tiny flame of hope that had flickered was blasted out by the tone in which The Judge said the words. 
''My decision is made. Thou art sentenced to hundred years on Earth.''
Asher's eyes widened. Only hundred years? He couldn't believe his ears, and at first he thought he must have misunderstood The Judge. He fought against the impulse to raise his head and shoot a look at The Judge. 
''I have decided,'' finished The Judge.
''He has decided,'' echoed the rest of The Council, confirming the sentence. In a chaos of feathery large wings, they disappeared, leaving Asher with the audience and his family. Immediately, he felt the silver chains loosen from his wrists, and he turned to face his family. He looked for his sister first, and saw that her eyes were full of tears. 
In a few large strides, he was at her side. ''Don't cry, Saph,'' he whispered, putting his arms around her and holding her close. Her body felt so frail and little in his arms, and he forced himself to keep the worries out of his mind. He couldn't worry about her now, because he couldn't change his punishment. It was bound to him now. He would have to leave in five hours. Five hours was the maximum time you had before the punishment would start. In five hours, you had to say goodbye to everything you held dear, everything and everyone that loved you, and get your matters settled. 
I have decided. The sentence rang through his head as if on repeat. He stood on the narrow ridge of the barrier between Heaven and Earth. It was time. The elder Angel who controlled the barrier and portal watched him with sympathy. 
''Good luck,'' was all he said, before turning the big silver wheel.
Asher took one more look at his sobbing family, before opening his wings and flying straight through the shimmering silver portal, on his way to Earth. 


© 2015 Dawn Dreamer


Author's Note

Dawn Dreamer
Well! Tell me what you thought of the chapter... was it too much? Reviews are ALWAYS welcome!! <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, i love this, the way you describe things really give me a clear picture. I could really learn a lot from your work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An interesting concept. This could become a very interesting story. I'm quite curious about what he has done though...

I saw one small mistake:
"... and he could almost feel in closing him in, ..."
It seems like the first "in" should be "it".

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dawn Dreamer

8 Years Ago

Oops! I guess I missed that one when I was rereading it. Thank you for pointing it out and again tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 29, 2015


Author

Dawn Dreamer
Dawn Dreamer

Profile picture isn't me!!, United Kingdom



About
Hey!! I'm Dawn Dreamer, but you can call me Dawn. I love any genre books from Romance to Science Fiction or Chick Flick, except Horror or Thriller... I love writing Fantasy, since I have a very big.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..