Chapter Three.

Chapter Three.

A Chapter by Dawn Dreamer

My head shot up from my desk as the sharp ringing of the bell pierced the air. Rustling of papers, footsteps and the rumble of voices reached my ears as I sleepily opened my eyes wider. S**t. I had fallen asleep. Again. And from the look in Mr. Dubaldi's eyes he wasn't too pleased with me. I got up quickly, packing my things and hurrying out of the classroom before he could have a chance to give me detention. This sleeping in class thing was getting to be a habit, and it wasn't exactly ideal for my already not-so-ideal grades. Sure, I had enough credits and my grades were usually average ranging from C+ to B+ and on rare occasions, an A. Of course, I had had my fair share of F's, but they were lessening by the year.
''Who have we here?'' an annoyingly nasal voice said. I turned and glared at Mikayla.
''You know, I thought that you could at least keep your classmates' names somewhere up there in the sawdust, but it seems you aren't even capable of that,'' I retorted, still glaring. I adjusted the shoulder strap of my school bag and prepared to leave, having said my say. I should have known Mikayla wouldn't let me go this easily. 
''Oh no. You're going to wait and hear what I have to say,'' she spat, grabbing my wrist.
''What do you want now,'' I sighed, reluctantly meeting her gaze.
''Easy,'' she smirked, letting go of me. ''I want you to disappear from North Gale, and while you're at it, why don't you just disappear of Earth?'' 
I knew she thought she had said something clever and I almost laughed. 
''Oh, but honey, the world would be lost without me, seeing as I'm the only one clever enough to stand up to fake b*****s like you in North Gale.''
With that, I turned on my heel and left, not bothering to wait and see her reaction. Judging from her 'minion's' gasps, I had reached my goal. Now Mikayla would probably go off to sulk, and then whine to her boyfriend, the star quarterback Rory Dunham.
I glanced behind my shoulder once and then turned my gaze back to where I was going. Thank goodness I did, because all of a sudden, a body loomed up before me. I managed to stop in time, and maneuver around the person, but then something caught my eye. I looked up at the person's face and almost gasped. Dazzling blue eyes with swirls of grey. Mystery guy.
Go figure.
Of course he would turn up at the school I went to. That was just my luck. Now I would be mortified forever. 
''Oh, uh, hey,'' I stammered, trying not to look at those eyes. Where was my confidence?
He showed no emotion whatsoever, he just stared at me blankly. What was wrong with him?
''Are you mute?'' I blurted, before I could stop myself. I slapped one hand in front of my mouth, embarrassed. Great, now he had every confirmation that I was a coffee spilling lunatic.
For a second there, I swear I saw a flicker of amusement in his eyes, and a twitch at the corner of his mouth. But that disappeared so fast I thought it must have been a trick my eyes had been playing on me. 
''Are you always this clumsy?'' he retorted, before pushing past me and disappearing into the crowd. I sighed, partly of relief, and partly from annoyance. Great, now I would never get those eyes out of my head. 


© 2015 Dawn Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The clumsiness of the girl is very entertaining, and very easy to relate to (at least for me). I also enjoyed her conversation with Mikayla a lot.

I am very curious about the rest of the story, and looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dawn Dreamer

8 Years Ago

I actually based her clumsiness on me. Her morning is almost a normal morning for me ;)!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015


Author

Dawn Dreamer
Dawn Dreamer

Profile picture isn't me!!, United Kingdom



About
Hey!! I'm Dawn Dreamer, but you can call me Dawn. I love any genre books from Romance to Science Fiction or Chick Flick, except Horror or Thriller... I love writing Fantasy, since I have a very big.. more..

Writing