Finding out

Finding out

A Chapter by DayDreamerAmber
"

How Katerinas finds out that she is a witch.

"
I couldn't understand what she saw in him. All I could see was how old he was. He must have been in his mid to late 20's. He had long hair that he kept in a pony tale...it looked like he had never taken a bath. Zoella always has the weirdest taste in men. Zoella is my little sister. She is 18 years old so you can see why all I can think about is how old this guy looks. He also had a beard that is frizzy and looks likes it stinks. His hair was a dark brown along with his eyes. He wore a plaid red and black tshirt with tan jeans and chuck taylors. Hello dress much!? He was obviously trying really hard to look like he doesn't give a crap. Zoella on the other hand was a very pretty girl with looks very opposite to mine. She had strawberry blonde hair and big hazel blue eyes. She was tall and had a very small frame making her look supermodel like. Which all the guys seemed to like. She also had pretty dark tan skin which made me a tad jealous because I have very fair skin with freckles. Anyway what I was trying to get at is Zoella and her new boyfriend or should I say boy toy because it seemed as though she brought a new one home every two weeks. But the point is her new one is so different from her."Oh James you are too sweet!" Zoella said with a small giggle. 
"Oh gag!" I thought to myself watching them tickle and canoodle each other. OK maybe I was a little jealous because I secretly want someone to look at me that way. But none the less this guy is still creepy. "Katerinas could you go check on the food in the kitchen?" Zoella wined at me as if it were my responsibility. She had put a pizza in the oven about 15 minutes ago."She always does this!" I thought to myself. She always starts something and never finishes it. She always thinks she needs to be waited on hand and foot. I love my little sister don't get me wrong but sometimes I could just smack her upside the head.
As usual though I get up and go check on the food. As I entered the kitchen there was a faint smell of pizza sauce. "yum." I said to myself. My stomach growled with hunger. My kitchen was pretty small with only enough room for one body really. It was decorated in purple, red and pink floral print along the wall paper. and a vase of tulips on the tan counter. The stove was smack in the middle of two counter and cupboard spaces against the wall. I pulled open the oven letting out even more enjoyable pizza smells. The top of the pizza was a golden orange tone from melted cheese and the side was starting to get a dark crust. The pizza was definitely done. I went into the tan drawer to my left and pulled out a dark purple oven mitt. I reached in carefully grabbing the pan and plopped it on top of the stove. I reached into a black vase on the counter containing spatulas and grabbed one to lift the pizza off the pan. I then reached in the drawer to my right and pulled out a white pizza cutter. Slicing across the pizza my stomach again growled with hunger. "Is it ready yet?!" Zoella shouted from the living room. I start to hear footsteps coming to the kitchen. Zoella appeared in the arch way. "Yes its ready." I said with a smile. Great! Im starved!" Zoella said before flopping down at the small wooded table. "Don't you worry ...in fact take a load off from your hard day consuming each others faces..I'll get your plate and serve it to you no problem." I said with heavy sarcasm. "Oh Kat you are to funny." James said sitting at the table next to Zoella. I hate it when he calls me Kat ...he doesn't know me and I'm not a animal. I rolled my eyes gathering three black plates from the cupboard up to my right. I took the black spatula and put 2 slices of pizza on each plate and bring them over to the table. "Your just the best sister!" Zoella giggles to me with a cheesy smile. I roll my eyes and sit down to eat.
I pretty much shoved all pieces at once in my mouth I was so hungry. After I was finished I gathered everyone's dishes and brought to the sink to rinse and put in the dish washer. Zoella and James leave the room to watch tv. That girl seriously never has to do anything for herself. As I am rinsing the dishes I stare out how pale my skin is. So unflattering and especially with all these freckles. I remember my mother used to tell me its because the angels loved me so much before tucking me into bed and reading me a story. My face grew stern as I recalled that memory and how she is no longer alive. Our mother died in a car accident driving through a heavy rain storm when I was ten years old. Ever since then I learned how to take on the role of mother. I start recall her face and the way that she had freckles just like me. In fact we looked a lot a like. We both had dark brown hair and blue eyes, fair skin, and tons of freckles. 
We were similar in more ways then just our looks as well. We both loved to read books and we would have our own special mother daughter book club where we would go up into the tree house our dad built and read to each other. But she not around anymore I snarled at myself. Gosh I miss her so much. I snapped out of it and threw the dishes in the dishwasher closed it and turned the lever over to normal wash. wiped my hands on the red towel hanging off the stove and left the kitchen. 
Zoella was sitting on Jame's lap when I entered the living room. She was running her fingers through the hair he had in a pony tale. Eww doesn't she feel how greasy that is I thought to myself. I took out my cell phone to check the time. It was 10 pm. "I think its time for us to get some sleep" I said staring directly at James. Ignoring the not so subtle hint he begins to tickle zoella making her break out into laughter. I then had to shout over her laughter. "It is time for you to go James it was nice having you over for dinner tonight." I shifted impatiently also knowing that there is a strict curfew of midnight. The curfew states that you must be in your living space at midnight and no later. This was to ward off any of the humans getting hurt by the supernatural. About two years ago in the year 2031 humans discovered the supernatural actually lived among us. But we will get into that later. James shot me cold look and stood up. "You always have to be the party pooper don't you." Zoella snarled at me. She stood up next to James and gave him a quick kiss goodbye. " I will see you tomorrow." Zoella said as she led James to the front door. James shook his head in understanding and walked out the door. "Damn this stupid curfew" she huffed closing the door. Its better to be alive and safe then to be someones someones dinner or in jail." I exclaimed. 
Zoella tossed her hair behind her shoulder with a over exaggerated eye roll. "Yeah Yeah Yeah..blah " she grunts. "well I think I am going to turn in for the night I am tired. See you in the morning." I said heading to my room. "Goodnight" Zoella said headed the opposite way across the apartment to her room. 
I walked through the doorway of my room feeling for the light switch. I flip the switch; light beaming heavy on my exhausted eyes I squinted. Man I feel old." I giggled to my self. My room walls were a dark purple. In the middle against the far wall was my bed, the comforter set is black with purple,blue, and pink floral print. I loved my comforter set. Along the side of my bed there was a black wooden night stand with a silver alarm clock, and a picture of my mother and I when I was young. Above my bed there was a artsy picture of a black canvas with a fallen angel with dark hair. I head to the small closet on my right pulling the left door open exposing all my clothing. On the shelf above me I grab pajamas; a black tank top and dark red sweat pants. I strip out of my Dark grey knee length dress and black ankle grazing biker boots. I then pull the black tank top over my head and gather it in my hands pulling it down until it fits my waste. I grab my dark red pajama pants and bend one leg in to the first pant hole ,and then the next pulling my pants up. I take my hair out of a low bun and put the pony tale around my wrist. My brown hair tickling my shoulders as it hits just below my collar bone. I start to yawn as I head over to my bed . I pull the covers down and hop into bed. Laying my head down on the pillow I let out a sigh of relief. I close my eyes trying to fall asleep; but instead only to worry about the safety of my sister and I. Soon pictures of all my stresses soon begin fade as I drift into sleep.
"Raaaaawe I open my eyes slowly to find my cat Minca directly in my face. Minca is a black cat with white paws. Apparently she wants her food. The morning sun was brightly shining through the a large square window on the left wall. I pull the covers down hurling my legs onto the floor. Minca jumps down in front of me letting out another impatient meow. I grab my big fuzzy black slippers on the floor and slip my feet into them relaxed by the soft cushion feel. 
In the small hallway connecting the room and bathroom lays mincas silver food and water dish. I grab the food from the closet in the bathroom and fill her bowl.
"What up sista!?" Zoella shouts from the living room a merely 5 feet away. She is way to loud for my non morning person attitude. "Have you had breakfast?" I calmly ask Zoella. "Yes! I grabbed some waffles." Zoella said as she was shoving what I was guessing some last minute homework in to her bright pink back pack. "Ok great! Sorry I wasn't up earlier apparently I was more exhausted then I thought." I whimpered feeling like a terrible sister. "No problem, I'm a big girl" Zoella said smiling. "Thats true" I said feeling a little better. "Oh and by the way James invited me to this new bar opening thing...was wondering if you wanted to go?" Zoella asked. "Tonight?" "Yeah about 25 minutes away." "Oh I don't know " Oh come on you never do anything with me anymore!" Zoella cut me off with desperation. "fine but only for you" I said with a childish grin. Zoella then headed out the door. 
I looked at my phone it was now 8 am. I need to be at work in a hour. I work as a Nostalgist. I am a interior designer that helps to create retirement spaces for the elderly and the sick who don't want to just go to a boring hospital environment where people dont really care about them. So I talk to them and help recreate a time period or environment that relaxes them and feels like paradise for those that are close to end of there time here. I create these spaces in their specific room in the building. I take a lot of enjoyment in of my job. Though their are set backs to my job because when you find out what a person really loves you develop a closeness to that person right before they pass. But I wouldn't give up the opportunity to create a level of peace for someone before they go.
I rush to the bathroom near my room. The bath room is a aqua blue with gold accents. I jump in the shower and start washing up. five minutes later I turn off the water and step out onto a gold rug. The mirror is all fogged up. I grab the gold towel and smear off a section just large enough to see my reflection. I catch myself and start to stare in wonder not at my looks but how much things have changed with in the last two years. I come back to focus and dry off my body. I walk from the bathroom to my room and grab some back legging and a blood red short dress with two sculls on each sleeve. I throw on my clothes and head back to the bathroom to fix my face. Entering the bathroom I open the tan cabinet and grab my red makeup case. I fix my makeup making a soft smokey eye and cat eye with a red lip. I brush out my hair and decide to leave it just natural today. Feeling ok about my appearance I grab my black purse and head out the door.
I look at the drive way where I wish I had a car but I just cant afford that and pay bills and pay for Zoellas college classes. So I head to the bus stop about a block away from the apartment complex. The apartment complex is very modern shiny black building in two sharp oval like shapes over some complex design. It was pretty neat. The neighborhood was alright not the worst place in the world to be. It had average modern architectural houses in shades of silver, black, and white. With grass that never dies. I get to the bus stop with a large shiny white structure casting over myself and the buses. I look up to the bus in front of me. Right on time I thought. The bus opens up greeting me not by my name but saying hello welcome aboard. It had a nice positive ring to it. Now days no one drives the buses they drive themselves with some new cool technology they discovered about 3 years ago. I would say its pretty impressive. I step up on the bright purple stairs that were carpeted. "Please scan your card miss" the bus reminded me in a very soft woman's voice.
I take out my silver but card from my purse and wave it in front of me. "Thank you, Please take a seat and enjoy the ride." The bus reassured me. I step into the middle row between seating. The seating was sectioned off into round purple seating and chairs. Their was about 4 and a half tables in each bus. Almost all the tables were taken up besides one on the far left. This table had one other person at it; a male. This man had white blonde hair and light green eyes. He wore a black leather overall set with a black tshirt underneath. He looks up at me "miss there is room over here." I smile and take a seat on the opposite side of the table.  "Would you like a refreshment you seem tired?" The bus asks scanning my sugar levels. while bringing up a holagram computer screen of different drinks and snacks. "I would love a water." The hologram disapears and through the middle of the table where there are coolers pops up a water. The tables are very small fitting maybe three chairs around it. If people cant fit they stand or sit. I grab the water open it and gulp a couple sips. " My name is Trevar whats yours?" "Katerinas." I respond with a smile. "So what do you do miss Katerinas?" Trevar asks. " I am a nostalgist. I help the elderly who are retiring find a little bit of peace before they pass." "Well isn't that nice of you. " "I do love what I do" I said with a smirk. "So how about you mr? What do you do for a living?" I work with robotics for the Timesberg force. You know the future armed forces of technology. No more screws through human brains." He said pretty proud of himself. "Do you really believe that? That having robots protect the world is going to be so much better? Haven't you ever seen those crazy robot movies." You know where it always ends with them trying to kill everyone." I said sarcastically. "Do you really believe all that rubbish you just said? I mean come on do you really think robots are going to be able to think for themselves just magically.?" "No not magically but put in the wrong hands I do believe it could be a disaster." "Oh so your one of those?" He said snobby. "One of what?" Those girls who believe everything they read and see." He said with a giggle. "I do not believe everything I see or read I just know that just because the robots are designed to be perfect does not mean that the person behind them doesn't have a plan of their own." I said firmly. "I see." He said then turns to look out the window. "Wait thats not fair!" I snarled. "You have arrived at your destination miss." The bus told me while turning my chair facing the bus door. Trevar didn't say another word. I huffed and rolled my eyes and got off the bus. "Thank you for using Timesberg bus line! Until next time!" The bus said to me before closing the doors and driving away.


© 2015 DayDreamerAmber


Author's Note

DayDreamerAmber
in rough draft form

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed reading this. I'm kind of new to reviewing, so bear with me. The best I can do is to just give my initial reaction. Your characters are interesting and you do a good job of revealing their personalities, looks and relationships in a short period of time, which I think is hard to do, but it's necessary and you've done it. I think that's hard for a lot of writers at the start of a piece, but it seems like it's a strength of yours. Continuing with what I was thinking when I read it...I got confused (which I sometimes do even with authors of famous classics) about which character was the main one. This could just be that the chapter isn't over yet and when the whole chapter is read it might clear it up. I hope this helped and made sense.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DayDreamerAmber

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review! I enjoyed hearing someone elses view. What you said did make sens.. read more
Annacate

8 Years Ago

You're welcome. I'm looking forward to how she finds out she's a witch!



Reviews

you have good writing skills....and the way it is expressed here is really worth a read.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DayDreamerAmber

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the feedback!
I enjoyed reading this. I'm kind of new to reviewing, so bear with me. The best I can do is to just give my initial reaction. Your characters are interesting and you do a good job of revealing their personalities, looks and relationships in a short period of time, which I think is hard to do, but it's necessary and you've done it. I think that's hard for a lot of writers at the start of a piece, but it seems like it's a strength of yours. Continuing with what I was thinking when I read it...I got confused (which I sometimes do even with authors of famous classics) about which character was the main one. This could just be that the chapter isn't over yet and when the whole chapter is read it might clear it up. I hope this helped and made sense.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DayDreamerAmber

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review! I enjoyed hearing someone elses view. What you said did make sens.. read more
Annacate

8 Years Ago

You're welcome. I'm looking forward to how she finds out she's a witch!
Looking forward to see were this ends.
Your turn over to science fiction came quite unexpected.. as I wrote would be fun to see how this evolves.

Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DayDreamerAmber

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review I look forward to checking out more of your work!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2015
Tags: Witch, fantasy, creature, vampire, wolves, future, fiction


Author

DayDreamerAmber
DayDreamerAmber

TX



About
I am a huge dreamer. I love everything creative and artistic. I am fascinated by the witch world, mystery world, and thriller world. I know that it is all fiction of course. :) I am here to write a bo.. more..

Writing